How do you find keeping up with Technology?

I am so far behind with it.

Few examples, stopped by police, hello Pauline, how the Henry do you know my name?

Can i see your driving license, sorry I don’t have it, shall I drop it off at the police station in the morning.

No, we have the technology now, to check it out, they also classed me as vulnerable…I have no idea why…I felt a right twit.

Old school I am and it shows.

2 Likes

I absolutely hate it. When I make a phone call I expect to speak to a person, and when I do get through to that person I expect them to be able to have a conversation, not just ask questions her/his computer tells her to ask.

I don’t do computer banking either, I prefer to go into my bank and I use cash.

When I go into a supermarket I use the manned tills.

7 Likes

I don’t need to keep up
Thankfully I still have kids in the house…tech tutors on hand…yay :grin:

3 Likes

Yes, I have my son, he’s my tech tutor, these days he’s to stressed to even talk to me…the pressures of work…that “ HE” puts himself under.

2 Likes

Fortunately I am tech savvy and minded, so am okay with it all. I even had to research an outlet selling my laptop battery, which he had failed to do! I have ordered it (he sent me a photo, and gave me the part number over the phone), and when it arrives he can swap it over. I also had to order a new power lead for the laptop.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m fairly tech savvy. Laptops and tablets don’t have a problem with. TV hifi cinema systems no problem either.
What I do have problems with is mobile phones. Mainly because I don’t use it that one. :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, I am semi tech savvy. I can tend to my own computers, tablets, whatever the glitch is, I work at it until I get it back to rights. I know my way around most of the software, etc.
Cell phones, I do well with, as my friends have several different brands, but cannot figure how to access what they are looking for, and are afraid to push buttons. I set up the phone initially, then give them short lessons at a time to work with them.
I felt I was only absorbing the basics, but now I realize I learned quite a bit over the years. I was told we only use 7% of what the capability of the instrument is… I firmly believe that.

1 Like

I’m tech savvy. Normally I put my own desktops together that way I get exactly what I need. I can fix my own issues, normally. Software has never been a problem for me, I play with it until I figure it out and if I get stuck there’s always YouTube. I will not work on my camera gear, at all. I leave that to the experts.
:grinning:

1 Like

Hate technology with a passion .
Yesterday tried to find a photo in among the thousands I have god know where it is .

3 Likes

I suppose we are different for different things.

1 Like

Fancy me saying to him, would you like me to drop my license off at the police station,:rofl::joy::sweat_smile:

I keep forgetting about this tech stuff.

Muddy, your post made me,:rofl::joy:…thousands of pics, good luck on finding that one,:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:…I wouldn’t have a clue where to put mine,:joy::rofl:

I wish I could muster up more enthusiasm on this tech stuff.

1 Like

Are you a tech guru?

Good job you live in the states else you might find me weeping on your doorstep clutching my laptop .

2 Likes

Yes, pretty much. But then I have been at it for fifty years so you’d learn - at least some stuff.

1 Like

Muddy, my neighbors regularly ask me for help. I am pleased to think I can save them a trip to the Computer shop and labor costs for simple things, or reinstalling a printer, or updates that never loaded properly. I like to share what I know, as that is how I learned so much years ago…I kept asking a savvy coworker. If you don’t ask you won’t know. We all have a first time. :smiley:

1 Like

I love the fact that you want to share that knowledge,RN…another act of kindness,:heartpulse:

1 Like

Pauline, I get back warm thanks from those same people. They are there for me to help with baking skills, or advice or whatever I need should I ask. Kindness reciprocated. :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I feel for you there Muddy, I can’t find pics I want either.

1 Like

Absolutely right with you there, Wendeey. The unmanned tills were not installed for our convenience as the supermarkets like to inform us, but for theirs plus cost savings (reduced staffing levels).

2 Likes

I quite like the unmanned tills. It means I can pack my shopping as I go round the shop rather than loading it all in the trolley, then unloading it on to the till conveyor and then having to pack it.
But I can see not every one would be happy to do that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like