How could they - 90 year old alligator killed

How could they ?
Here is an animal that has survived 90 years and this bunch of rednecks kill him .
Then they take stupid photos

Really we are a despicable species

Yes.They cull( nicer way of saying slaughter) kangaroos,wild horses and camels here and they are no danger to anyone.

I have eaten Alligator. It was excellent.

Nor was this alligator it had lived for 90 years in its own world probably because it avoided humans … A magnificent animal and this bunch of rednecks took four hours to kill it and them posed like a bunch of grinning morons revelling in its death .

Yes we do cull things it doesn’t make it right

2 Likes

Yes,I think their obvious pleasure in doing it does make it worse.

1 Like

I’m not reading the article as it will be too depressing.

1 Like

Same here Ripple :frowning:

1 Like

we have always culled deer
and also cull [kill] badgers
i once read the ozzies export camels to Arabia
i’m surprised they Cull horses

We cull deer because they breed and destroy crops and trees if there are too many .
Deer have no natural predators in this country
We cull badgers for no good reason at all
The reason alligators are a danger to people is because people move into their habitat .
This one was swimming away from people ( which is probably why it had survived to 90 years old
The Americans cull horses because they complete for grasslands with cattle .
Lack of natural predators ( also culled by humans mean there are too many )

They are a hard hooved animal and wreck the environment which is not evolved to cope with hard hooved animals, unfortunately because of poems like, The Man from Snowy River it has proved to be very hard to cull the brumbies in the Snowy Mountains National Park especially as it crosses state boundaries.

There has been some movement in that direction recently though (bit of a pun in there)

fair do’s cobber, wot the flock is a Brumby?
never hear that name before…

It’s a wild horse Crabby

we have brubies too then, only ours are quite small, well not small, but not big
has anyone seen the wild wallabies on Cannock Chase?