How can I survive on my own..?

With a little practice Primus, you may turn out to be the world’s best house husband. :rofl: Perhaps when Mrs P is better she will bring you a bunch of flowers. :bouquet:

Think of it as an adventure and have fun.
Housework can wait.

2 Likes

Maybe when Mrs P is better, she’ll have him continue doing it. haha

1 Like

That’s worrying, will she forget how to do housework…?

If you make too good a effort at it you may find you get the role for longer than you bargained for…

My Mother told this story to illustrate. Her Mother said now dear you are marrying.a shooting man. You don’t want to wind up having to dress the birds he brings home that’s his job. Later Father said darling I am bringing a client to lunch tomorrow but I haven’t time to pluck those pheasants could you please do it this once? Mother was having none of it, alright I will deal with it she said the next morning she was at the butcher’s paid him to prepare the birds and deliberately overpaid. Spent most of the weeks housekeeping. Revealed this over lunch and then giggled at her husband’s discomfort.

1 Like

. . . maybe. . . .why remember something that can be done just as well by someone else?

1 Like

No one has on their tombstone she was a wonderful housekeeper.

1 Like

Practice makes perfect Primus1.
Yes, she could forget how to do housework,it could be a side affect to covid.
Funny old world lol.

Leave it unplugged and you could save 15p / hour

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Hi

The important thing is to be found just not good enough.

This keeps the boss incredibly happy that you have tried and failed and that she is essential to the proper running of the house.

5 Likes

Yes swims, I’ve followed this principle all my married life

Well, tomorrow nights tea is spaghetti bolognaise, I have been given instructions on how to prepare and cook, just remind me, is it 101 for the nhs helpline…?

1 Like

Check that she really does have Covid!

Women can be tricksters!

1 Like

Hmmm, she might be pulling a fast one…

She’s met someone with a Motor Bile?

Coping on your own?
I lost my der wife in 2008 and believe me b still find it difficult to manage. I sometimes say to myself “Now then Ann what do I do now”.
I firmly belive that no matter what a man thinks he needs a woman at his side. God Bless you alll you ladies, we man cannot do withoutyou.

6 Likes

Hi Primus, Just checking that you survived the night after your exhausting time being a house husband.
Are you having to have counselling? Are you in hospital suffering with withdrawal effects after having the remote control surgically removed from your hand and replaced with a feather duster?

You poor thing but your ten days of slavery will soon pass and you can go back to some sort of normality…

Joking aside, l think you have been brilliant and your wife and family must be very proud of you.

My recommendation for your knighthood has been sent to the Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood at St James’s Palace.

1 Like

Primus

FWIW I was a single dad when my children were school age. I managed and had a full time job.

These should keep you going until Mrs P returns - how is she by the way?

shopping

1 Like

To me the kitchen is like the Star Trek Eenterprise I have no idea on how to work in either.

1 Like