Holywell beach: Cans, meat and dirty nappy found buried in sand

Goodness … more poo.
I’d hate to see your google search history Omah … :rofl:

1 Like

@Omah, b Or perhaps it took no effort at all ?? The knappy wearer dug
the hole ,they just filled it in ?? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

They just couldn’t be bothered to take their rubbish with them, couldn’t be bothered to find a bin and were worried some one might see them leaving and shout over … hey, you forgot your bag.
Not so much laziness as plain revolting.

1 Like

Whatever it is, it’s weird. After all, they carried it there (presumably in a bag of some sort), so it’s always been a mystery to me why carrying it out is such a big ask

I suppose one has to be philosophical about these things and just be thankful they removed the baby from the nappy before burying it.

2 Likes

Good point. Still a mystery why the meat was raw.

Doggy snack? Werewolves lunar food fest?

1 Like

Aye. Or maybe after a bit of domestic abuse, one of the little chavs needed some steak on their black eye?

It sounds to me as if they were sat on the beach and couldn’t be bothered to gather up their rubbish to take home or take it to the nearest bin.

But were shamefaced enough not to just walk away and leave it in case someone called them out, so they buried it

It doesn’t sound as if they buried it particularly deep, perhaps their kids had already been digging holes and they just dumped it in?

The meat was probably intended for a portable barbecue and they didn’t cook it all for some reason

Just selfish, lazy scum, really :rage:

But I’m not sure why this is nationals news?

It doesn’t sound as if there was a huge amount, just one family’s detritus, not lorry loads taken to the beach to be dumped

We get a lot more than that just dumped on our local beaches everyday, it’s disgusting but not unusual

The local councils do a good job of beach clearing and we have a lot of local volunteer groups who do beach and street litter picking

It shouldn’t be necessary if people behaved decently, of course, but they don’t :rage:

1 Like

This is what every beach should have, or something like it.

4 Likes

A good idea but:

a) it’s in India

b) it needs emptying

c) it’s just for recyclable materials

Also on an Indian beach:

Two UK cruise ships have been scrapped on an Indian beach despite assurances they would continue to be operated.

Ships at the end of their lives are considered hazardous waste and it is illegal to send them to developing countries from the UK.

Here’s the recycling fish at Southsea I go past it most days . it has a man inside like Moby Dick
It’s as much about education , educating people to act responsibly.
Doesn’t it look great lit up at night.
It’s emptied by volunteers.
Bournemouth also has a fish

3 Likes

Excellent … :+1:

… but it’s for plastic bottles only and, AFAIK, for the whole beach (1.5 miles long).

I like that, both utilitarian and visually pleasing :+1:

1 Like

Which is more than a load of other beaches. Pity really.

The name of the artist who created the sculpture is Pete Codling, nice one! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Makes sense. Apart from the possible stench of normal waste unless emptied regularly, light will make interesting patterns as it traverses through.

Along with the fish the promenade all 1.5 miles of it is lined with rubbish bins that get empty every morning . There’s really no excuse to dump rubbish

2 Likes

Excellent … :+1:

Forgotten what chavs are? Found it.