Holiday Plans - do you have any?

All my kids are off on holiday next week either in hotels or with their touring caravans.

Tony & Me - nothing & nowhere.:cry:

We gave up our passports a few years ago & are quite happy to holiday in the UK.

I was looking to go on a short cruise of the British Isles in July but when I found one I liked the sound of, I was puzzled because it said things like ā€œToday we see the ?ā€ or " Today we cruise past the ?" I emailed Fred Olsen & they confirmed the ship sails by landmarks but you never get to go ashore!!

5 days stuck on the boat - No thank you!!

Coach trips we also like but I couldnā€™t stand to be sitting on a coach for several hours wearing a mask.

I would really love a holiday.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself.:cry:

What are your holiday plans?(if any)

Edit: We do have the car to go away in but since Tony had to give up his license due to Alzheimerā€™s I am the only driver & not at all keen on driving a long distanceā€¦

1 Like

Aww Carol! Come to Scotland, thereā€™s always plenty to do up here. Bring a brolly along with sunglasses though :frowning:

No plans for us, just day trips here and there to a couple of islands. Neither of us are confident yet about staying overnight anywhere, so thatā€™s the plan for this year.

I would love to Pixie but I couldnā€™t do a long drive like that. How would I get there? I have a dislike of wearing face masks for a long journey & I would have to if I used any other means of transport other than my own carā€¦

Have you considered a UK river cruise?

No plans for any holidays abroad this year or next. Directly after our Midsummer celebrations in June My girlfriend and I are thinking of taking my two oldest grandsons for a few days to the islands of ƅland which lie in the Baltic Sea halfway between Sweden and Finland. Other than that the two of us may just take a couple of short breaks in Seeden. I have a load of bonus poknts on my credit card that I can exchange for hotel nights.

Sounds good. Itā€™s worth looking into.:slight_smile:

Carol I always see a holiday as being somewhere other than home, but that doesnā€™t mean you have to go far. Why not find some suitable accommodation, in a pleasant area that you would be able to drive to & explore the shops and places that may interest you and Tonyā€¦ I am sure he wouldnā€™t mind a different pub for lunch, if they were open.:lol:
Look on the internet for places withing a 50 mile radius of home & find out what you could do & see there. Just make sure you have cover for car breakdown so you and Tony can just enjoy a break in a different place to home.

We have a self contained apartment in Devon booked for July, it was cancelled last year and held over for us this year with no increase. Hopefully we may be able to go there this year as long as there is no further lockdown.

What about trains, Carol? Would you still need a mask if you left it to July or August? I have lost track of the C19 rules - they seem to change so often.:-D:-D

Off to Devon in June , the holiday we couldnā€™t take last yearā€¦

all self catering, just done week north lakes, next month a week in Derbyshire (June) then a week in Norfolk (July) not found anything yet for August, but not too bothered as school hols, but September a week on Anglesey, will find something for October, maybe revisiting a previous cottage, not doing any Europe or hotel hols at the moment, maybe back to normal next year

That sounds lovely, Macyā€¦its nice having breaks spaced out like that :smiley:

Well Iā€™m excited as today Iā€™ve made arrangements to go back to London/Essex, to see family, friends and old neighbours. I will spent 5 nights in a guest house a mile or so from my brother, and almost opposite where mum used to live. I am also about 5minutes from the cemetery where my parents are.

Oh, going at the end of June.

Holly will be trying out a new (licensed and insured) carer, who doesnā€™t do it for the money (very cheap prices) but because he and his wife love animals. She will spend a few hours there next Friday, and I have forms to fill in. We have booked two odd overnight stays, and hopefully she and they will be happy with each other by the time of my trip.

Spent a lot of time today phoning brother, sister, ex neighbour and three friends, and the accommodation and dog carer, to get things organised. My throat was drying out by the end of it.

Weā€™ve had to scrap our plans for taking my grandsons to the islands of ƅland due to Covid restrictions that are still in force. So instead theyā€™ll spend the week here with us and weā€™ll be doing day trips locally. Theyā€™re both bathing mad and we have several beaches on the lake nearby where you can swim so if the weather is good weā€™ll be spending a lot of time in or beside the water. We also have bad weather contingency plans for indoor activities