Hobby craft art supplies, both have and wishlist

I love colors. Looking at the different colors of art supplies makes me happy. I generally spend the least possible to get these colors. I don’t go for the top of the line art supplies.

I’m just posting here some of the art supplies I have and some of the ones I’ve been just drooling over for a long time.

Here’s my latest purchase. The top one, the Leisure Arts markers were double the price of the CraZart markers, but they’re terrible. Very scratchy and dry. The CraZart brand is a step below Crayola. They were pretty cheap but they at least work, and the colors are nice. I’m using them for my color-coded calendar.

Not come across CraZart before - love the tiger on the box though!

I use Faber Castell pencils and pastels a lot - they are lovely. Also like Derwent pencils.

1 Like

After my disappointment with my new markers, I went looking for what I thought I was getting. I was hoping for a fineliner on one end and a marker on the other end, like this

I was fooled by the description on the markers I bought because they said that it was double ended with a fine line tip on one end. I wanted a fineliner tip. Thrown off by one letter. Oh well. I’ll still use the markers I got. In the future, I’ll know what to look for.

Some new additions to my journaling supplies.

Some fineliner pens. These are like the needle tips in the photo above. So far, I’ve swatched them and really like them. The colors are pretty vibrant and the line width is much thinner than markers, which is what I wanted.

I also got some of my favorite Crayola markers. I’ve been using this on my calendar for the last few years. The drawbacks of these are that the tips wear down quickly and the line width becomes more broad, and they don’t last that long. But for less than a dollar a pack, they’re still my go to.

Wow, just checked these out at Amazon to get the picture, and they’re charging $53.10 for a set of 12. I bought 12 of them for less than $12. That was a better buy than I realized.

1 Like

Another set of Crayola markers added to my wish list. I color code my calendar so I switch colors frequently. I saw a more expensive version of these retractable markers but these look nice.

1 Like

Crayola products are really good.

1 Like

I’m making a big mistake. As I’m writing this, I have this video open in another tab. I’ve watched the first two products, and I already am wanting them. I really should stop watching this but . . . .

1 Like

Ohhhh…:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks for this…I love the notebook/whiteboard idea…and those backpacks are adorable! The pencil cases too…ok, I love everything. :joy:

1 Like

I really want these. I don’t need them. They’re not even that useful as they say on youtube that they smear as highlighters over fountain pen ink. But they’re so pretty!

Bought these Papermate Flair pens recently. They’re felt tip pens. They’re very vibrant and write nicely, but they’re expensive compared to Crayola markers. I can get a Crayola marker for between 10 cents to 25 cents. These pens are over a dollar each. I’m not sure how long they’ll last. So far, the tips of the pens hold up much better than the Crayolas, and the colors are more vibrant. Are they worth the price difference? Depends on how long they last. Still, I’m considering getting more colors. The colors are nice.