Hit from behind whilst stationary

Yesterday I was waiting at traffic lights there was a slight bump on my car from behind.
Looking in the rear view mirror I see this car had rolled into me.
The bump was so minor there would have been no damage as my car has a tow ball protruding.
No need to get out and check, I simply rolled down my window and shook a fist at the driver.
Concentrate people

2 Likes

That happened to me a few times. One time, the jolt was big enough that I got out of my car to check for damage. The other driver started yelling. I guess she thought the best defense is a good offense, so she started blaming me.

I just looked at her and said, you hit me from behind. It can’t possibly be my fault.

Then she started playing the victim, telling me what a hardship it would be if I reported it. The whole thing was so loud and obnoxious. I had to tell her to be quiet so I could check for damage.

If I’m recalling correctly, there wasn’t much damage (if any), so I left her noisy self and drove away.

1 Like

Busy on their mobiles (most of the time). Yes, it’s illegal, but the amount of these non concentrating idiots I see is UNBELIEVABLE

4 Likes

It happened to me years ago in a nose to tail queue on a motorway. the biff was hard enough to jerk our heads backwards a bit. The traffic was heavy enough for us both to get out and check the cars over without causing a delay to others. He was most apologetic but there was no damage, so no action necessary.

1 Like

I was hit from behind whilst stationary at traffic lights.
I did very well out of it, a newer car and lots of compo for whiplash.:wink:

1 Like

I was once hit from behind by a car whilst stationary on my motorbike.
The impact sent me and my bike over a dual carriageway on to a grass central reservation.

The driver got out and completely oblivious to my being in a heap under my bike said his kids would be so disappointed as they were on their way to Blackpool and the collision had shattered his headlights!

1 Like

Wow, that must have been so scary.
There are pricks everywhere. Did he eventually apologise?

1 Like

Never happened to me (famous last words!) but it did happen to my husband. He was stopped waiting to turn onto a main road when he was hit from behind. He was driving a large pick-up at the time and there was little discernable damage but the female driver of the other car started crying when she saw the amount of damage to her car as she said her husband would be so angry, asked my husband if he could say he had reversed into her!! He politely declined

No…didn’t even lift the bike off me :kissing_smiling_eyes: