Hi all nice to meet you

She from a place called Cranhill, a suburb in Glasgow but she’s lived in Manchester since she was 4 years old.

Can somebody tell me how I reply to people, I’ve tried clicking the little black reply arrow on the person’s post I wanted to reply to but my comment just gets added to the end of the thread. I’m I missing something obvious?

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Don’t ask me! I gave up asking questions a fair while ago :icon_wink:

@Mad-Ralph
To get the attention of the person you are replying to add @ and a list of names on the thread will come up , click on their name and it will make them a where you are posting a reply .

Hope ive made that clear . @Mad-Ralph

1 Like

@Eliza Thank you, I get it now. :sunglasses::clap::clap::clap:

You learn fast @Mad-Ralph

1 Like

Welcome from the other side of the pond! Hopefully you’ll be comfortable lounging here very soon. :grin:

1 Like

hi mate I’m just checking this place out to see how it compares to restless.

2 Likes

@Chojo Yes mate. :sunglasses:
Good to see you brother :+1::sunglasses:

Oh, ok. We now in Doncaster - we moved up here to be closer to our kids. and grandkids and we retired for that reason. How about yourself?

I’ve always lived in the same small town of Sale which is in South Manchester. I took voluntary redundancy in 2018 and I’ve been living of my savings and my wife’s meagre wage ever since. I have no desire to return to the 9-5 rat race. I’m not living like a king but Life’s good and I’m enjoying the simple things.
Since finishing work I spend a lot of time cooking, it’s something I really enjoy now I have the time to spare. Even the ritual of shopping for ingredients has become enjoyable and that’s something I never thought I’d hear myself say. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Different folks I suppose.- I was a wolrd traveler. . Nature of the job. Now, in my seventies, we mostly walk a lot and my wife is a brilliant cook.

We have three grandchildren that stay 3 nights a week so that keeps me busy as well. Never a dull moment :weary:

1 Like

.Nice is good, wherever it occurs

Hi Morti. :grinning:
what or who are the Bots? Your the second person to mention them. :thinking:

Well they’re hard to explain.
They live, mysteriously and invisibly, around the forum, a sort of roving entity with it’s own sentient intelligence … and occasionally, oft when least expected, pop up and make helpful suggestions to help enrich your experience here.

:joy: They sound great, I can’t wait to meet them now. :ghost:

Welcome from me too…hope you like it here

Careful of those bots not all are friendly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good that you are able to enjoy the company! We have the three girls for a few days few days several times a year. My dear wife’s family live in Georgia, USA so we just a bit less infrequent. My dog made sure he kept a careful eve on the wee boy.

2 Likes