Here we go, Hold on

53.4 million Americans

AAA predicts 53.4 million Americans will travel over the Thanksgiving holiday, including 1.3 million in the Washington region — a 13 percent jump nationally from last year, when federal health officials asked people to stay home to avoid spreading the virus.5 days ago

LOL All those people traveling for a holiday I don’t even celebrate. While the rest of the world threatens to go back on lockdown. God this country amazes me. Oh well I guess between now and Christmas we’ll see how bad it gets. Keep people locked up for a year and the second they can they go. Hopefully we won’t see a big resurgence. :smiley:

3 Likes

Why don’t you celebrate Thanksgiving @Danny ?

1 Like

Keep yourself safe over there Danny…I think people all over the world are trying to get back to normality far too quickly… :astonished:

1 Like

@OldGreyFox Neither do I. I always found it a silly holiday. I do love the food though. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I wasn’t normal when this started Pix. :grinning:

2 Likes

Well…I mean…umm…a more familiar way of life then :joy:

@OldGreyFox Sorry Bob I misread the question. I have no immediate family. I never knew much of my extended family. (Cousins and such). So it’s just me. Thanksgiving is a holiday specifically designed for family time. :grinning:

1 Like

:+1:

Thanks @Danny I sorta liked your first explanation… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
If I’m ever over there I’ll look in on you… :hugs: Man hug obviously…

No worries. I have no one to worry over, but myself. I know that sounds lonely, but after spending most of my life in the middle of chaos that was my working and married life. I find being alone kind of soothing. Man hug back at you. You’re always welcome on this side of the pond!!!

1 Like

Yes it’s completely difference for us also with these ‘Special Days’.
Our French neighbours to the end of our Garden and in our full view…they have family gatherings every weekend from at least the Oldest Son to around as many as 10.
I can never believe how quiet they all are…
…Even the new young couple that are in the next property over to the end left of us…They had marquee tents set up in there Garden for a special celebration party for the weekend, people slept over as the cars all stayed parked up, and although we expected some noise. it was just murmuring noises and no outside music either…
We spend all our time practically on our own…happy with that to be honest…hey we have our two gorgous Cats though…purrfect…

1 Like

I can relate, except for the cats. :dog: person

1 Like

I was reading somewhere else online, regarding the best things about living alone. Not one bad thing about it, it was all praising the silence, the calmness, the “things still being where you left them”, not having to wait to use the bathroom…made me laugh!

2 Likes

Guess we always had Cats as a child and one parent hated dogs and instilled in us that feeling…When my late friend Rosi moved to the
Coast, well ahead of us doing the same…we would go down to stay with her as a family of 5 and her’s with 4 we were particularly close but she never warned me on one weekend that she got a beagle Dog called Ben
He was a beautiful dog and a very good thief…food was his game…it was his undoing bless him.
It done me the world of good though as it just showed that I was not scared of dogs at all
…but still had cats in my soul… :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong I love cats. I think that they are among the most beautiful of animals. I have just never desired to share my home with one. :dog2: :dog2:

2 Likes

When we had decided to move here…I really thought I needed a little dog to take for walks…but with two middle aged Cats that are the boss’s it was 3 against 1 and I lost…likely was the sensible decision and our Girlze takes no prisoners…Husband is a Cat Man and never been any different.

1 Like

Very Cold here today Danny and a sharp wind as well…feels about 0 degrees but it says all this on the report…

CURRENT WEATHER

13:52

7°C

RealFeel® 3°

RealFeel Shade™ 2°

Sunny

Max UV Index

2 Low

Wind

NE 22 km/h

Wind Gusts

36 km/h

Humidity

58%

Indoor Humidity

39% (Slightly Dry)

Dew Point

-1° C

Pressure

↓ 1016 mb

Cloud Cover

10%

Visibility

16 km

Cloud Ceiling

7900 m

I truly missed my calling. The only thing I would change, I wish I had been a pet photographer. My 2 favorite things!!! OMG Heaven. :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

2 Likes

crumbs I wanted to be a musician but don’t have the talent…
My late Dad and Sister had the photographic genes the artists and Sis a great photographer like my Grand dad on my Dad’s side, but he was a real professional for his choice of occupation and had one of those awards from Queen Elizabeth,wish I could re call which one…MBE OBE nor sure…Wonder if there is a list of who has them…
p.s. and they were blimmin musical as well…
I hate relatives…lol…

1 Like

You could always improvise…:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes