Help me choose my next car

I’ve been looking on the internet at small cars & as soon as I saw this Fiat Panda I fell for it.
It seems a bit more stylish than other small cars & I love the straight back.

The problem is: Finding one at a garage near me. I am going to ask Ady to take me to the Fiat dealer next week they should have a few second hand ones for sale I hope.

I want to test drive this before I bother with the Aygo or any other I’ve been considering.

fiat.panda

I don’t know if they are available in the UK but my previous car was a Mitsubishi Colt. It is a car I would buy again. Very light (three quarters of a tonne) so the 1.5 litre engine had plenty of go but economical too it did about 44mpg.

It had a lot more room than the Yaris, mine had a CVT gearbox which worked really well (it was quite odd at first pushing the accelerator and the engine revs diminishing as the gearbox did the work)

I don’t think they make them any more but I would definitely buy a secondhand one, it was small but roomy and comfortable. and the 1.5 litre engine would be much better than a tiny 1 litre one

I picked up the keys to my new car today.
I decided on the Toyota Aygo. It’s stylish for a small car - well I like the style anyway.

Feeling happy after weeks of gloom…

3 Likes

Enjoy, Carol.

great choice, enjoy

I love it Carol… lovely :slight_smile:

Well done I have a fiat Panda “Percytoo” who replaced “Percy” really enjoy tottling around in it. Happy Driving get in rather than down into it.

1 Like

Good choice, Carol !

1 Like

Nice wheels Carol! Happy driving!

1 Like

Thanks everybody.

I’m going for my first spin out in it today. :blush:

2 Likes

Hope you have fun, Carol. Take care.

Have you given the car a name yet?

I didn’t go very far in it today - still not very confident with the controls but going to settle down & have a good read of the users manual to familiarise myself.

I had a ride to the garden centre with a friend. It was nice to be out doing normal things.

Kazz - no I don’t give my cars a name. I just call her by her official name - Aygo.

“Tootling” :thinking: :grinning: now that’s a term I haven’t heard for ages,
I’m not even certain if these ‘modern’ cars actually have a “tootling mode” :innocent:

Actually all my ‘tootling’ is done & has been for many years in a Toyota 4 cylinder and presently it looks likely to outlast me. I’m happy to say that it has asked so little but given so much.

Blimey ! :open_mouth: they say that some people change their cars when the ashtrays are full but surely you can’t have filled that many ashtrays. :thinking: :innocent: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I agree about Kia. I once borrowed a Kia Starma. Trouble was the steering kept going round in circles. No forward movement at all.

I currently have a Citroen C3 Aircross. It will be 4 years old in Dec and we had it from brand new. never had a bit of trouble from it so wasn’t looking to change it but dealer where we buy all our cars and vans has been in touch to say he has a great deal on a nearly new one. Hubby is interested.

Don’t get sucked in.

I would expect nothing less as selling cars is the dealer’s livelihood. If your present car meets all of your needs and its reliable, they why change it.

1 Like

Totally agree. I had a Honda Civic 2.2 CDTi. Exec. It was quiet, economical and had all the bells and whistles. I gave it to my daughter and it is still running sweetly at six years old.

1 Like