Help me choose my next car

I will certainly consider one of these.
I guess I need to see just how tiny they are & would Tony get in & out alright as he has arthritis in his leg.

Thank you so much everybody for your advice & suggestions…

1 Like

Honda Jazz, Hyundai 10 or Kia Picanto. Not Corsa or Polo. Reliability not quite as good.

I am also considering changing our car. We have a citroen C3 aircross which causes us no problems and is quite economical but both myself and hubby find the positioning of the seat belts awkward and causes us both to twist to get them! It is ready for service and we also seem to have a grinding noise which we suspect is the drive shaft.

It’s my car really as hubby has another but he does drive mine sometimes.
We have had Renaults, Kias, loads of citroens, Daihatsu, Ssang Yong, VW, Terrano and others that I can’t remember.

1 Like

I’ve not made my mind up yet but am considering a Toyota Aygo.

I have two in mind.
Which would be the better buy please?

2019 Toyota Aygo with 50,000 miles on the clock (£8,250)
2015 Toyota Aygo - one owner & only 21,000 miles on the clock? (£7,395)

The 2019 model is putting me off because of the high mileage. Would I be ok with it do you think?

Can’t advise it is not available in Australia, I doubt there is a market here for any car with a 1 litre 3 cylinder engine.

Thanks anyway Bruce.
I hope there will be somebody on here who will come up with some advice.

I don’t think high mileage is good - but how high does mileage have to be to be bad?

50000 miles is academic, if you only intend to put a couple of thousand miles a year on it.
The manufacturer choice is immaterial for most folks as far as reliability goes, if you only do say 60 miles a week, there is no such thing as an unreliable modern car, if you do 600 miles a week, there is no such thing as a reliable car, its all relative.

1 Like

So which one should I have?

In looks/colour they are identical.

Perhaps not identical. Check with the dealer.

Ordinarily, the 2019 would have more safety features and leather-trimmed steering wheel and gear lever which are much more pleasing to the eye, as well as to the touch, than the previous polyurethane.

Not sure what model you looked at but in SA, VSC (stability control) as well as Hill Assist Control was part of its last facelift in 2018. The previous Aygo already had ABS as well as Brake Assist.

Front and side airbags are standard, while 6 airbags are standard in the top-spec models.

Not a prominent change, but the 998cc 3-cylinder engine was tuned and tweaked for a 2 kW increase in power (from 51 kW to 53 kW) and decreased fuel consumption.

Should I go for the high mileage one then as it’s four years newer?

No I wouldn’t but there again I could be wrong

Less is more .

Why not test drive both to see which one you prefer.

One thing you can check is the service record for each car - have they been properly maintained. You could also get the AA/RAC to do a check of both vehicles (I presume they do them and can only go by the NRMA here but they check a vehicle very thoroughly)

I’ve been looking on the internet at small cars & as soon as I saw this Fiat Panda I fell for it.
It seems a bit more stylish than other small cars & I love the straight back.

The problem is: Finding one at a garage near me. I am going to ask Ady to take me to the Fiat dealer next week they should have a few second hand ones for sale I hope.

I want to test drive this before I bother with the Aygo or any other I’ve been considering.

fiat.panda

I don’t know if they are available in the UK but my previous car was a Mitsubishi Colt. It is a car I would buy again. Very light (three quarters of a tonne) so the 1.5 litre engine had plenty of go but economical too it did about 44mpg.

It had a lot more room than the Yaris, mine had a CVT gearbox which worked really well (it was quite odd at first pushing the accelerator and the engine revs diminishing as the gearbox did the work)

I don’t think they make them any more but I would definitely buy a secondhand one, it was small but roomy and comfortable. and the 1.5 litre engine would be much better than a tiny 1 litre one

I picked up the keys to my new car today.
I decided on the Toyota Aygo. It’s stylish for a small car - well I like the style anyway.

Feeling happy after weeks of gloom…

3 Likes

Enjoy, Carol.

great choice, enjoy

I love it Carol… lovely :slight_smile:

Well done I have a fiat Panda “Percytoo” who replaced “Percy” really enjoy tottling around in it. Happy Driving get in rather than down into it.

1 Like