Help I can’t get to sleep

Yeah, that should work because diphenhydramine is also effective in treatment of allergies, and from around 2007, it was the most commonly used antihistamine for acute allergic reactions in A&E. I keep diphenhydramine here for insect bites as gnats etc cause me all sorts of problems.

2 Likes

Have you tried doing something in the day to tire yourself out Ripple…Like going for a run or long walk, or doing some work… :open_mouth:
Nobody sleeps if they go to bed when they’re not tired…
Be thankful you haven’t got a bad heart…I have trouble staying awaaaaaaakkkkkke… :yawning_face:
:nerd_face:

2 Likes

I tried that, only slept for half the night. :icon_wink:

2 Likes

If you took two, would you sleep for two nights in a row?

1 Like

Oh dear Mr Fox I hope you’ve got your heart under control…
Not sleeping isn’t a regular problem for me.
Just horrid when it happens. I shall sleep well tonight :wink:

1 Like

This military technique was big on TikTok, I don’t know if it works.

I just stay awake until I’m so exhaustedI zonk out

3 Likes

You could try turmeric, it’s supposed to be good for relaxing and restful sleep as well as easing joint pain, lowering blood pressure etc

Have it in your milk, it’s important to have black pepper as well or the turmeric won’t work

The traditional thing is Golden Milk and I do find it soothing in the evening. Loads of recipes if you Google it, but this is mine

INGREDIENTS

2 cups milk (dairy or dairy-free)

1 teaspoon ground turmeric

¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon

pinch black pepper

1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey

OPTIONAL

½ tablespoon coconut oil

additional spices or flavors such as ginger, cardamom, or vanilla extract.

METHOD

Add all ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes to let the flavors meld.

1 Like

Try listening to the speech Megan made,thats a cure for insomnia.

1 Like

In the distant past Horlicks use to be the bed time drink to help you rock off to sleep.

3 Likes

That brings back memories!
As a kid my nan would make me a hot bedtime drink, an Oxo cube crumbed and stirred into a mug of very hot water with a sprinkling of white pepper.

I slept like a log despite the ever so slightly scalded lips :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

nice with bread dipped in :yum:

2 Likes

Yes… I’d forgotten about that too, little bits of it would fall into the the Oxo!

A bit like what Rich Tea biscuits were to a hot cuppa :wink:

There was a technique to dunking.

1 Like

I stir a teaspoon of Turmeric into my porridge every morning Maree…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Whenever I go 3 nights without sleep (which is rare but does happen from time to time) I go to Holland and Barrett and buy a bottle of KALMS NIGHT TABLETS

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/kalms-night-tablets-60081263

One tablet before bed does the trick. Effective and non-habit forming.

Enjoy the Zzzzzs :zzz::zzz::zzz::sleeping:

1 Like

I slept like a log last night :wink:

2 Likes

Sleeping should not be a problem for anyone anymore, not now folks can’t afford any Cheese before bedtime. :laughing:

2 Likes

Why buy Netflix when you can eat cheese and go to bed and see a movie while you sleep…
:open_mouth:

1 Like

Are you suggesting that eating cheese before bedtime might give you ann awful dream?