Help for speeding

You might have to do it online, if you do, make sure you don’t have anyone in the house, or keep them quiet if you do, certainly don’t have anyone in the same room, that’s an instant fail and you will get a fine and points

Marge and I have both been on one.

They’re quite friendly and informative. In fact, you can learn a lot from them.

Of course, it might be different in Wales. They might pull your fingernails out one by one just to teach you a lesson.

A hospital. :lol:

@rhosyn wrote:
“I was “done” for speeding last month.I had a choice of a fine and points on my license,a court appearance or a speed awareness course-I choose the on line course.
It costs £88 and I’ll be doing it a week tomorrow at 11.15.
Don’t know what to expect.”

(Sorry, I can quote with the editor right now. Happens every now and then.)
Hard choices. How much would the fine have been?

Sorry again. Should have been “I can’t quote…”:twisted:

Look out for the bloke in a gorilla costume when you’re watching a video and you have to count how many times people bounce basketballs ( I kid you not) ….

Well I suppose that’s a reasonable place to put a speed limit, but I agree it should be well signposted.

As for your comment earlier:
The admin guy in charge said in an interview that that speed camera proved to be “highly profitable.”
That is something I can well believe, because we have such things here as well. There are many accusations of things such as bus lanes as well as speed limits which serve no reasonable purpose other than to raise money, usually for the local councils.

Motorists are seen as easy game for making money here.

There is one of them in Kensington snd Chelsea. You do a right but are unable to see around the corner where the yellow box is until it is too late.

London? Don’t get me started. A few weeks back I was driving through central London. It was very early Saturday morning so nobody around.* Was doing my normal route where I go straight at traffic lights but today there is a Road Ahead Closed sign. So I do a right at the lights, then left, then left again which brings me back to the road I was on.

A few days later I get a letter informing me of a £130 PCN, half if paid quickly, because I had driven down a road which can only be used for electric cars. I later find out, of all the roads in London, this is the only one to have this restriction. Thanks Mr Khan. And no you didn’t get my vote.

For obvious reasons, there is no way I would live in Londonistan.

The thing is some people slow down when they see a speed camera looming up in front of them but once they pass it… whoosh, foot down and they are speeding again!

True, but they now have these sneaky ‘average speed’ things.
You can speed up for a bit, but then you’ve got to pull in for a few minutes before you get to the second one.

We have those average speed cameras on major highways but for some reason they are only applied to trucks (same applies to noise cameras on hills)

Slightly off-topic, but I couldn’t resist as it made me roll about laughing.

Watching ‘Police Interceptors’ and have seen a 12 year-old boy and his similarly aged girlfriend write off his mother’s car after a chase at high speed finally stopped short by a tree.

It was then reported that the courts gave him a ‘12-month driving ban’. For heaven’s sake, he’s only 12! :shock:

Does the judge think that he’ll be able to legally drive after 12 months… at 13 years old? :lol::lol::lol:
They live on a different planet!

I saw that programme too. I suggest the ban imposed will only start once the miscreant applies for his first license.

I hope so. Something to look forward to!

I also hope that when they’re sent to prison for 12 months and given a 12 month driving ban, the driving ban only begins after they’ve been released from prison. :lol:

One can only hope so, otherwise what’s the point of the ban?

Did my on line speed awareness course on Thursday.Quite enjoyed the experience.Now I don’t have a police record!

They are quite informative rhosyn, and you can re learn stuff, some people think they’re there just to lecture you, but I suppose it depends on the course, as long as you don’t do what I did and get caught again the following year:blush:…

I agree.

Both Marge and I have been on one of those courses - the one where you physically attend, not the online one - and found it interesting and informative.

I suppose they serve their purpose and, of course, they still get their money from you which would otherwise be in the form of a fine.