Hello

Hello Cache :slight_smile: a very warm welcome to Over50sForum, I hope you’ll enjoy your time here with us.

Take no notice of Floydy, he’s just a gentle giant really … or sort of! :smiley:

There was a mathematician named Hall…
But I’ve done that before…

Thank you! :smiley:

For having worked in the past with numbers I’m not actually that good at maths, but have improved lately. Accountancy is largely methodology and formulas. :mrgreen:

Understood. My background is power electronics, mostly for industrial applications. Technical and requires fairly advanced mathematics. Fourier series analysis, Laplace transforms and such.

I gave up trying to explain to people about being an engineer. Many think it means fixing washing machines or hot drink vending machines.

I use 12 inches as a rule

Now you are boasting…:smiley:

:mrgreen:

I didn’t know this was that type of forum :107:

It isn’t but I couldn’t resist the joke. Forgive me.

I was just joking too. I’m just having a look at other areas here, it really looks a good forum to visit.

I am a member on a few. Mostly technical. One, a USA forum, is very strict about what content is permitted. Been a member there for some years.

You may know by now that I have a big, gentle, handsome dog. Max. I posted this pic of him coming out of a field of Rape.

http://i.imgur.com/Lp67pen.jpg

Max being raped…
To my surprise, I got by with it.

Your avatar! Beautiful picture, I always enjoy seeing yellow fields in spring!

Thank you kindly, Cache.
Sweetie Pie helped me with the avatar. He is my constant companion. Hard to explain.

Not really. Many people keep pets for company. They have good hearts. I would like another, but I don’t think I could commit to one currently.
Thanks, again to everyone for the warm welcome! :smiley:

Good afternoon darlin’ and belated welcome from me too.

Yes, company, but a bit more than that.
Pending retirement, I got two things. A camera and an active dog. Both get me out walking which is good for me/us.

And you are right. Having a dog is a significant commitment.
More than some dog owners appear to realise.

Thanks Joe! :slight_smile:

I miss mine for walks! You’re so right, it’s why I tend to get rescue. Every time I walk past a dog on the street I’m so tempted to get another, but if and when I do, I’ll need to be sure I’m ready for one.

Good on you!
Ours is a rescue. We got lucky and maybe he did too.