Hello from Sweden or as we say Hej från Sverige!

Hi everyone, Ulla from Sweden here.

Retired High School languages teacher who likes to spend time whizzing about here there and everywhere all over the world in my snazzy wheelchair. Though for the past year my whizzing has been confined to here, which is a small town not far from the beautiful Swedish capital city Stockholm.

Three grown up children and the world’s four most beutiful grandchildren - but don’t all grannies think their grandchildren are the world’s most beautiful?

Single, never married but never lacked male or female company and now in a relationship with my lovely girlfriend.

Travel, photography and genealogy are just three of my many and diverse interests.

Always ready for new adventures however crazy.

Hope to make some new friends here.

What a lovely post to introduce yourself Ulla.:slight_smile:
I had Swedish friends that invited me to their annual summer night party where I enjoyed lots of cray fish…but didn’t like the schnapps!

I hope you will enjoy this forum.

Thank you

Thank you, I’m sure I will

Hej, Ullabi!
Welcome to OFF (though I am embarrassed to say I haven’t posted for a long time…)

We have been to Sweden once, to Skåne for our son’s wedding, lovely part of the world.
Happy browsing!

Hiya Ulla. I’ve never been to Sweden.

hello Ulla welcome of course - I haven’t been to Sweden but I have eaten lots of Swedes - you all taste very well!!

Hello Ulla :slight_smile: a very warm welcome to Over50sForum…

I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Hello Ullabi :slight_smile: welcome…

A big welcome to the forum. Please keep posting,

Hello Ulla, what a lovely introduction! I had a lovely Swedish friend many years ago, but lost touch with her when we moved a distance away. She showed me how to make Jannsons Frestelse, which I have made often over the years, such a tasty and hearty supper dish!

Thank you. Yes I love Janssons Frestelse too. It’s a staple on a traditional Swedish Christmas smörgåsbord and often served as a late night “snack” at parties

Welcome to the forum.

I have many Swedish nieces and nephews though I have only visited them once.

They mostly live around Akers Strukebruk - that is not right but I don’t have the addresses with me and relying on memory (not very reliable).

Welcome to the forum Ullabi. I’m the ambassador for New Zealand on here attempting to keep the Aussie contingent under control! (and failing miserably! :slight_smile: )

I have just read a recipe for this dish and it sounds delicious so I will try it on my sister’s next visit.:slight_smile:

Thanks Bruce. Åkers Styckebruk. It’s only about 50 kilometers from where I live.

Good luck Twink. It’s very salty by the way so get plenty of beer in!

Hi Ullabi and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time on Over50sForum. :039:

Thanks for the warning!:lol: My sister loves smoked salmon so I may use that instead of Anchovies and have a glass of white wine!

Welcome Ulla :039:
Enjoy and post away!

Hej från England, Ullabi, or as we say here, Hello. :001: