Hello From Chicago!

Howdy!

My names Pat, I’m 54 (so far). I live in the south suburbs of the Chicagoland area and I have a daughter, who will be getting married next year. Exciting times ahead for her and her soon-to-be hubby! He’s a great kid too. I disc golf quite a bit in my spare time and sometimes make some noise with instruments. Lately, I’ve been stricken with the “Furniture Restoration” bug, so if anyone has a cure for that, please pass it on so I can have some free time back. lol

Seems like a friendly place for friendly chit chat.

Howdy Plankton. Interesting profile name :slight_smile:
Welcome to OFF!

Hello and welcome. Lots of ‘Crafters’ in here - including one who is brilliant with furniture - so I am sure you will fit right in.

Hi and what a great time ahead with your daughter getting married. congratulations to them both.
Never been to your area of the USA but been to see Alcatraz - yosemite and surrounding area and of course Florida to see disney world and the kennedy space centre.

Have you ever been to the UK? or do you want to in the future?

Hi Plankton and welcome from Sweden. Visited Chicago four years ago. Loved it especially the walk along the river and the lake front down to the aquarium.

Hi Plankton hope you have a 'whale ’ of a time here.

Like you Roj Blake…Fishy…haha
Just woke this morning in a silly mood…
Welcome Plankton,
I am sure you’ll enjoy your stay.
Look forward to your posts…

Hello Plankton :slight_smile: welcome to Over50sForum……

Hello Plankton, and welcome.

Thanks all!

@realspeed - No, never been to the UK but would love to! I lived in Germany for 3 years while in the Army and I went to Holland/Amsterdam from there twice. Had a lovely time. I don’t have any plans to leave the continental US anytime in the near future, but if I did I’d surely consider the UK. That or Bora Bora. I don’t think I’d ever make it back from there though.

:lol:

Again, thank you all for the warm welcome.

Hiya Plankton. :039: Welcome to the fruit and nut club. I’ve been State-side a few times but never to the windy city.

Thanks Percy.

Quick question:

Does every post need approval by a mod here? I’ve made a couple in other threads and they’re not showing up.

That is a shame Plankton…as a newbie it is disappointing…no I am not aware…but if there is a check on you it would not take too long to show…
Hope that it is picked up soon for you as we all like to meet new people here…

And welcome from me too!

Hello. Plancton welcome.:slight_smile:
Please make sure you have returned the email to validate your account or your posts will not be visible to other members without approval.Thank you.

Plankton has returned. :mini:

It’s the story of Jonah all over again.

Hello Meg.

I waited for one, but I never got that verification email. I just logged in and started posting a few hours after registering. It still has yet to show up.

I’ve done all I could to get verified. Changed my “Let mods email me” setting to yes, sent an email to the powers that be, checked every folder in my email for that elusive verification message, and still nothing.

It’s probably the universe telling me to just go do something else.

I can see Plankton online where it list’s everyone that is online… slightly faintly written, guessing still not able to post yet, as maybe because of an issue here?
Also shows at the base of this page him,and others…weird…

He may have been dispersed in a strong current.