Heating Pads Recommendations? (Hot/Cold therapies for aches, pains etc)

Heating Pads, Hot Packs, Cold Packs, anything you want to share at all, I would like to listen.

Basically, I am in motion of the healing process after a bad fall, that included injuries. Ok, so this topic
is not really so much about that, as I would be very interested in talking about Heating Pads, dry/moist heats, cold packs and what works for you, your Arthritis, Fibro, aches and pains, injuries etc.

What is your preference and why do you use the therapy that you do?

I find some comfort/relief with rotating heat/cold packs. Also share if you’d like, brand names etc of your choice.

Thanks ahead of time. :wink:

I’m sorry to her that you are finding your healing process still in need of these hot/cold therapies.
I have only used either on rare occasions, happy to say. I do recall the doctor saying to use whatever methods feel the best for you.
20 minutes hot heat/20 minutes cold is for the immediate injury to reduce swelling of the area.
Any info you get to aid in your recovery will be good.

1 Like

thanks so much, yes, and with my current reinjury of
sorts, the rotation of hot/cold feels welcome. :wink:
Am planning to bring on a new electric heating
pad soon, my current one needs replacing…

1 Like

The one I bought several months back is the LQCTS Electric Heating Pads. I just looked it up but it’s not available right now. But what I like about it is it’s a big size and had setting from 1-5. So if you want really hot it can get there. Just be very careful with the higher tempertures. It also has 1,2,4 and 6 hour setting. It feels really good on my back. I use it to help with back pain. I mostly use the #3 setting. It’s on Amazon and I am sure there are others that are similar. The material is very soft and fits nicely on my back.

1 Like

good info Ann, thank you. Actually going to Google
some similar Electric Heating Pads right now, even
though the exact one you have is not currently
available. l like what you shared about the Heating
Pad you have :wink:

1 Like

My arthritis creeps back when I stop cold water swimming and the sea is too cold even for me at the moment, I must be turning into a cissy!

It sounds counter intuitive as you think heat would comfort it but I’ve always found cold packs work better for me. I think it reduces the swelling and inflammation

I use these in various shapes and sizes on any joint that’s playing up You can make them hot or cold in the microwave or freezer

I also swear by a nice long hot bath with Epsom salts

Or you could try a cold water swim ……

1 Like

Excellent! Now I agree with you on the cold packs working
better, with me too, it has seemed to help more with the swelling
and inflammations. I will add that I am though a Sissy LOL cold water
swimming, I’ve not yet considered :wink: Maree, where do you cold water
swim? Local indoor pools etc? Also think I will pick up a few more of the
the Kool Paks, like the ones in your pics. Only have two right now, so I
want more …*I’ve not had a long hot Epsom Salt bath in probably five
years, thank you for bringing that up, soon I will do it again, looking
forward!

1 Like

I swim in the sea, but there may be somewhere close to you?

Look at the different sizes and shapes of KoolPaks, to see which ones are best for the area you need to treat

And don’t put them directly on your skin for too long or you’ll get cold burns, wrap them in something :two_hearts:

1 Like

Indoor pools close to me might check one of them out I think …slight_smile:

Agreed, wrap them in something, with the ones I have, generally place a small
thin cloth between it and my skin. Several years ago, and being very tired
had a cold pack on my left hip (intended for just 15 minutes) and woke up 1 hour
later with a good-sized cold burn, your reminder is a good one, Maree :wink: :two_hearts: