Hearing aid battery changing tool

During a recent stay in hospital, I discovered a very useful magnetic tool for assisting the battery change in my hearing aids. Another ‘inmate’ had one so I asked one of my visiting daughters to order one for me. It’s the Rayovac Hearing Aid Battery Magnetic Stick and cost the very reasonable sum of £2.99 delivered from e-bay.
Hearing Aid Battery Magnetic Stick by Rayovac | eBay
Processing: image.png…

2 Likes

Lovely idea. No doubt one could easily make something similar, but for a few paltry quid, why bother?

1 Like

Mine was free with the NHS hearing aid I had LD…ps nice to see you back

1 Like

hi longy

I’ve got a brush, and there’s a little magnet on the flat end … never used it.

1 Like

That looks very good I’ve ordered one replacing hearing aid batteries is a fiddly job

2 Likes

Indeed, I was of the drop one replace one school, saved my pennies and went digital.

Yes it is a useful tool, but I still struggle with the pesky battery adhesive cover removal to let the size 13 battery 'breath before insertion. My sausage type fingers were not designed for such a fiddly task. If only the removal tab was larger, then I’d be much happier recipient of NHS batteries :+1:

I was given one of those when Specsavers first prescribed my NHS aids, but I found it far too small for my large fingers. This Rayovac tool has made my life much easier :+1:

That’s a good idea LD, my batteries are size 10 so really small and I often drop them when trying to put them in the my aid.

I’ll definitely look into that. :+1:

I am pleased my little contribution to the forum has been helpful :+1:

1 Like