Healthy ideas for packup

As per my medical post I’m trying to change my diet to eat reasonably healthy meals, I take sandwiches for lunch, but am trying to avoid processed stuff, I’ve had mackerel in oil with a salad and am trying to eat this at least twice a week, but I don’t want to get stale of the same old same old, any ideas on something simple that’s not too involved in making, ( mrs,p does my packup) that’s also healthy…?

Packup, wheres that from then? :smiley::smiley:

make a chopped salad the night before, some ideas to add to the salad are butternut squash (you can buy it already chopped up) quinoa, orzo, mixed bean, feta cheese, small handful of nuts, boiled egg, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds (great health benefits, giant couscous, spiralize some zuccini (courgettee), add herbs and spices, garlic, mint sauce.

For breakfast try an overnight oats which is porridge oats mixed with yoghurt and left in the fridge overnight, add some chopped fruit, strawberry, blueberries, frozen raspberries,

Homemade soups, I have a soup bible, I made a reduced fat sausage and bean soup this evening. Buy this, it’s brilliant The Soup Bible by Anness Publishing (Paperback, 2003) 9781840389524 | eBay

Soups and stews are so nutrious, slow cook the stews and pop in the microwave at lunchtime. Add some pearl barley and/or lentils, filling, delicious and nutritious.

Egg sandwich’s, pasta salads , chicken sandwich’s , tomato sandwich’s , I manged to have variety to not get stuck in a rut, also all made with brown bread the ones with seeds in them.

Some interesting ideas there folks , I’ll look into them, thanks

What about tuna? :slightly_smiling_face:

Not sure tuna is that rich in omega 3, but I have been having it in salads and sandwiches

1 Like

Does this link help ?

Tin Red Salmon with cucumber and spring onions in a sandwich

or

Mexican Tuna and Bean.

Tin tuna drained, mix in red kidney beans, chilli, low fat salad cream, mix altogether.