Healthy eating goes out the window

Eating healthy…was doing very well up until Sunday. Went to a lovely musical afternoon–and the woman sponsoring it, had donuts. Not ordinary donuts, which would have been bad enough, but large ones with pink icing. OMG!!! Cake donuts that weren’t deep fried (their only, ummm, saving grace???) but soft and light.

That evening at a friend’s place, there was maple syrup cake. OMG… so delicious.

And on Monday, birthday cake and strawberry pie and chocolate.

Think I’ve had a year’s worth of sugar and am now back on lettuce leaves and water. :blush:

Any one else who tosses healthy eating out the window?

1 Like

Well, in those circumstances, it would just be rude not to, wouldn’t it? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Totally agree. Good manners trump healthy eating. :smiley: :smile: :smile:

3 Likes

is it worth starting a healthy diet

1 Like

I remember a bumper sticker that read: Quit smoking. Exercise regularly. Eat healthy. Die anyway.

So, I think I’m going to have my cake and eat it… :smile:

4 Likes

Healthy eating means that you’re allowed to let go occasionally without beating yourself up about it.
We all need to let our hair down from time to time :slightly_smiling_face: :pie::wine_glass::fried_egg::innocent:

4 Likes

It’s hard to resist a Woman displaying large pink donuts :smile:

Yes…but admit this was over the top for me…and it was all delicious

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes :doughnut:

It was my BH’s birthday and she ate a whole box of chocolates before lunch and I didn’t get offered one!

1 Like

Today is the start of Lent. It’s an opportunity to purge yourself of unhealthy habits including food.

:023:

1 Like

Oh dear!
When does it finish? :wink:

This year, Lent ends on 28 March 2024.

1 Like

is there time off for good behaviour, and its a leap year

1 Like

Not really nope.:-1:

Yes!
Daily healthy eating should allow us to indulge occasionally when invited and enjoy without any guilt. :wink:

1 Like

Every day is a potential occasion!!

A little bit of what you fancy does you good,on the food front that is :yum:.

1 Like

Smiling at the responses… I gave up thoughtless spending for Lent one time–that meant, no magazines, no books, or new clothes, shoes. I would go out for meals with friends or a movie. It made me very conscious of how much money I wasted and how fortunate I was to be in a position where I could do that.

I couldnt eat that food , even if i tried
I wouldnt refuse or be rude to anyone ,
I would just choose to eat the healthiest ,that was on the menu !!