Headphones/earphones which one?

Ok where do I start? I suppose why have a pair of earphones anyway. Well I did had a hearing problem caused but a wax buildup and even had to turn the TV and annoy all as it was too loud. got over that problem but it lead to getting a set of earphones. Originally used a pair of Sennheiser HD215 model which came with a very long curly cord. Comfortable yes but oh that cord kept getting in the way, designed more for a disc jockey I suspect,
So had a look around and at wire/ wireless ones with blue tooth. went and got a pair of SoundcoreLife Q20 .Not having tried them out as bought over the interweb and yes there are ok but for me the earcups were a but small and hurt the ears after a short time of having them over the head.nothing bad to say about them apart from size basically

I liked the make so purchased the larger Soundlife Q30 version. What a difference I could wear them all day long without any problems. Also with them on the sound is absolutely stunning- blew me away even the bass sound well what can I say it is fantastic - even via bluetooth, real proper stereo - noise cancelling as the Q20 version. can be wired if preferred but so much better wireless being able to walk around the house not stuck in one room, unbelievable. Still can’t get over how good they are
both have microphone buit in but not tried so can’t comment . As for price I manged to grab amazon discounted price for just under £60 delivered against normal £75+P/P. well worth serious consideration at that price point. Also have long battery life of about 40 hrs I believe

Ear bugs never tried then but used similar on aircraft and never got on with them but again not having used the wireless ones I can’t comment on how good they are.

1 Like

I have a pair of Sony WH-CH700N noise cancelling headphones which I bought donkey’s years ago. The earpieces turn so the whole thing can travel flat.

They are used mostly mostly cordless via Bluetooth but I have a cord with 3.5mm jacks on each end as well as a cheap adapter so I can use them on aircraft instead of the aircraft’s own headphones.

Don’t know what their actual sound reproduction quality is because I have lost the ability to hear high frequencies anyway but they sound pretty good to me.

They are paired via Bluetooth to my phone, my Sony Walkman, my tablet or netbook when I am travelling and the rechargeable battery lasts for days (or at least it has never run out on me). They are comfortable and I wouldn’t travel anywhere without them.

1 Like

Sony XM4 (or the newer XM5) are widely regarded as some of the best headphones around - if your budget can stretch that far:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08C7KCJF5/ref=twister_B0973K1R32?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09Y2LL45F/ref=twister_B0C1D16L56?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

As with most tech things wait for the sales as they usually drop quite a bit :023:

1 Like

I agree with you RS and I also have a pair I bought locally for £53.95 from a shop in town. A friend recommended them and she was spot on with her verdict of excellent sound & value for money and all round comfort :+1:

1 Like

I had to look them up, they are only about $140 so I will bear them in mind when mine eventually pack it in I think mine were about $200. My only objection is that earpieces don’t rotate which is a feature I really like on my Sony headphones

The Q30 ear pieces rotate to any angle the wearer desires as they are pivoted where they join to the headband.

1 Like

and fold in for travel

and semi hard case to put them in

1 Like

Hey @realspeed , same earwax buildup in right here as well as can’t wear earbuds due to inner ear canal itchiness due to eczema/psoriasis. Plus I suffer from tinitus due to low blood pressure. So headphones is the way to go to hear clearly and cancel the noises out!

My budget is very tight but the ones I got for £15 are wireless or wired, great sound, clear and the set is comfortable on my ears and ver light in head. They were from HomeBargains here in UK.

1 Like

heh guys does this discussion also relate to my bluetooth enquiry sounds familiar?/

As a matter of interest I looked up the current cost of my headphones to compare with the $150 of those Soundflare Q30 suggested above. I am surprised they are still available but they are, on Amazon their price ranges between $300 and $350.

I just hope they keep going, as I say I very happy with them.

just put a link for you Gumbud on your thread, may or may not be what your looking for

thanks buddy - got a dime!!