Having one of 'those' days!

1st - The Cat is not speaking to me - I shoved him off my bed in order to change the linen - obviously a hanging offense - he is sulking in the sitting room looking up the telephone number for Cats Protection!

2nd - opened the 'fridge door - milk bottle fell out - and half a pint of milk morphed into a quart the minute it hit the floor.

3rd - the electric kettle expired. R.I.P. Will have to rummage in the garage for the gas one.

4th - the Loo is misbehaving. The bit to which the ballcock is attached is not totally switching off when the water reaches it’s top level. It is just trickling continuously - not funny when you are on a water meter. Managed a temporary fix with a scrounched up JCloth and a little ingenuity - but - the flush is not working either. The button one needs to press has become detached from a thingy that looks a lot like a sink plug. Not sure if I can fix that. If it is just a broken chain/clip - maybe. If it needs a new plug - not sure they even still make them! Meanwhile plodding up and down the hall with buckets of water. Good exercise I suppose! Certainly not calling a plumber out over the weekend - I like to eat occasionally.

5th - My electric secateurs are refusing to charge.

6th - Going shopping with a friend shortly - and just spilled tea down the front of my blouse!

Maybe I should have just stayed in bed - with the Cat.

(It’s not Friday 13th - is it?)

1 Like

Hahaha Tabs, not your day is it!!!

1 Like

If what you have described fits my mental picture, then no, those drop valves have been superseded by the Flushing Valve. That will definitely need a plumber to fit the replacement.
Old style drop valve :point_down:

Newer style flushing valve :point_down:

LOL - even your ‘old style’ one looks more modern than the beastie lurking at the bottom of my cistern! It is a 1960s model!

1 Like

Irritatingly, the cistern could be upgraded for material costing £10-£15 ish.

As for the cat, perhaps that’s why some freaks of nature get their cats de-clawed, so as to make it harder for their felines to press the phone buttons and alert the authorities.

2 Likes

In that case, it could probably be repaired or rebuilt. Those old syphon types were are still are the best flush available :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your tribulations, ST. Would have thought we all, at one time or another, have one of those days. However, just by quantity alone, it does sound like a good day to have stayed in bed.

1 Like

ST, Regarding your cat… who exactly is the boss in your house?
Or, should l say… who is last in the pecking order? :laughing:

As far as the other mishaps are concerned… these things come to try us!

She’ll come back from her shopping trip with heatstroke!!

Oh SilverT join the club.
I took our first cup of tea up stairs and tripped up,tea everywhere,heard a crash bang wollop,went down stairs and a crowbar (dont ask) fell off the fridge freezer onto the cooker and broke a dish,then Mr H opened the fridge and out dropped a large carton of yoghurt,then to top it all i stubbed my little toe on some small ladders i left in the hall.
And i havent got a pet to blame.

3 Likes

I have smacked my left foot (toes) against the dining chair, en route from front to back room. Not once, twice! You’d think I’d have learnt my lesson after the first.

2 Likes

Hi

I was going to Lidl, but momentarily forgot it was the first day of the flower show

Managed to get out of the 200m queue to get onto the main road and came straight back.

Lunch will now be toasted stale sourdough with canned tuna ,light mayo and fresh herbs.

I lead a very exotic life. :grin:

2 Likes

Seems to be a theme all over lol I walked out the door which swiftly closed catching my arm and gouging a nice slice across it … blood everywhere lol

1 Like

Me - I am just the housekeeper!

1 Like

@Jazzi - @Davenorave - @Dextrous63 - @Artangel - @swimfeeders - @brokenvows - @Jaded

Are we all certain it is really not Friday 13th? Because if this is just a rehearsal for it I am definitely staying in bed when it arrives!

Went shopping after visit to the dentist , piled my basket then went to self checkout, guess what no card in purse and only just over £10 in change , had to remove and delete stuff with the staff member holding upthe queue. Then feed the change bit by bit into the machine leaving a basket full of stuff to be put back on shelf .

Card is in my other bag

1 Like

Did the same recently. Left debit card at home and only had just over £20 cash with me, so had to seriously pull back on the shopping and add it up as I went along.

1 Like

Sorry you have all had such a bad day, but I have just been cheered up.
One of my cats has been suffering with this heat & becoming dehydrated. Over the last few weeks he has been to see 2 vets who both suggested a blood test costing £350. Today I rang the vet and said I want his constipation & dehydration checking & if their vets cant help I want to speak to a senior vet. So Cameron phoned me & gave basic advice on how to deal with the problem and if he isn’t much better by the end of next week he may have to put him on a drip for a few hours.
He suggested that it was ok to give him milk, & Katalax twice a day, when the younger vets told me not to, so I just took Rudi a bowl of milk with water & his has drunk half of it already, so I am feeling a bit less stressed now!

3 Likes

@Twink55 does your cat eat wet or dry food? I ask as my cats both had kidney issues as they got older and I added water to their wet food I never fed dry. . @Mags may even recall.

1 Like

Lol SilverT.
I think i will be going in early hibernation on the next Friday the 13th.
Isnt it good though that we can still laugh about our balls up,so to speak.

1 Like