Having a cold since Feb. Has this happened to you?

My husband and I took a trip to Miami the weekend following Valentine’s Day. Unfortunately, there was a child on our flight coughing intensely, and it was tough to deal with. It was a pity for the child, especially since they weren’t wearing a mask, although we were. By the end of our trip, we both started feeling unwell. Once we returned home, I ended up bedridden for nearly two weeks, and our health seemed to decline with each passing day. Now it’s April, and I’m still coughing a lot. I’m not sure if it’s another cold or something else. I haven’t seen a doctor yet but tested negative for Covid. I’m thinking of waiting another week before contacting a doctor. Have you ever experienced a prolonged cold? It’s unusual for me to get sick, so this has been a bit of a shock.

1 Like

Fortunately no but I would have seen the doctor before now if I had.
Some of those covid tests can be inaccurate .
Best wishes for a speedy recovery :grinning:

2 Likes

I would definitely see the doctor because Covid tests aren’t always accurate and it seems like too long

But apparently it’s not uncommon. This article seems to describe exactly what happened to you

1 Like

Are you sure it’s not flu?

1 Like

Here in Scotland it has been quite common for people to experience a prolonged cold and have heard it being referred to as ‘the hundred day cough’. I hope you feel better soon.

2 Likes

Hi, so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well; I think you should go see a doctor asap instead of waiting another week. Hope it’s nothing too serious; Get Well Soon :pray:

1 Like

You should also get checked out for pneumonia. It’s likely you need antibiotics in any case. a friend had something similar recently & it was only resolved with antibiotics.

2 Likes

Thanks for the article. I just pulled it up.

1 Like

Thanks Annie,

That thought crossed my mind that it could be pnemonia.

1 Like

Thanks Didi69, I plan to call my doctor.

1 Like

Not sure.

1 Like

Thanks!

2 Likes

So you could have been exposed to any bug at any point during your visit to Miami - not only on the outgoing flight, where there happened to be a coughing child.

Did you wait a couple of weeks before taking a Covid test? It may have been positive at the start of your symptoms, but negative some time later, yet you still have the after effects.

Or, as there are a multitude of ‘bugs’ out there, it may not be Covid at all.

I would make an appointment anyway.

1 Like

Thanks Anise. I wish I would of made an appointment weeks ago. But actually I am feeling better. It’s like as soon as I started taking my supplements again, I started feeling better. Now my husband is coughing like I was.

A good point though, I could of had Covid weeks ago. I am just glad to be better. Next time I won’t wait to go see the doctor.

2 Likes