Have your musical tastes changed

Every time I get around 5-8 years older, my humming, singing or whistling of music/songs goes further and further back by around the same number of years. I can’t explain it, but it has something to do with lyrics that meant something, back then, and music that could be written down without the aid of a phone book full of numbers on a screen!

1 Like

Hi

I found that the generation gap for music is getting wider quicker.

I can vividly recall a conversation with a very astute 30 something just before I left work.

We oldies were talking about the ELO, as in the Electric Light Orchestra and she thought we were talking about the Enforcement Liaison Officer, a much prized position which would be up for grabs when I left.

1 Like

60’s 70’s and early 80’s for me, after that things started going down hill in my not so humble opinion.

I usually play the more robust music when I’m in a bad mood, it helps, I advise my son in advance, I do believe he’s beginning to like The Clash, Ruts and The Angelic Upstarts :astonished:

My tastes haven’t changed at all really, I’m just too old to pogo and kick dance, it wouldn’t end well !

1 Like