Have you tried any of the new, Plant Based Meals?

My supermarket had “Chilli Non Carne” on special, normally $10, on special for $2.
Thought I would try it.
2 mouthfuls, discarded itWoozy face :woozy_face:
Lentil based burger, very bland and unappealing

1 Like

That may have been a bit of a clue.

3 Likes

You could have asked for your money back!

As a vegan consumer (for 13 years) I have tried a lot of those.
I like it.
What’s more, I like to not be reponsible to import soy beans from Brazil to feed pigs (Germany being the biggest customer!), not having animals to suffer for my meals.

Having been a vegan for decades, not sure which ones you mean. Some of it I like, some of it I don’t. Haven’t eaten a lentil burger for a long time. Lentils don’t have much flavor by themselves, so there has to be more flavor added. My favorite vegan burgers were the black bean ones that I got at a fast food type place.

1 Like

You are right. (Raw) meat has not much flavour either (if I remember correctly). So flavour has to be added anyway.

Vegan or vegetarian products like paddies or saussages have been “processed” heavily as the reports/tests say, That is why I do not eat them often. This should be a strategy for all, also those who eat meat. At least in Germany I wonder what those cattle/sheep/chicken must have been fed during their (short) life to be so cheap on the shelves. I really doubt that that meat is more healthy than a veggie plant-based replacement. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

erm…no

1 Like

No ta!
Give me a hefty medium steak anyday!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

I had a lentil cottage pie , which was ok

2 Likes

I have never eaten meat but I don’t eat those processed meals with “Plant based meat substitutes” either. They do not appeal to me.
Those things didn’t exist when I was a kid and I have managed to survive for over 60 years without them and without meat.

I do like lots of dishes made with dried pulses and I like young whole soy beans (edamame beans) in salads but I never eat processed soy bean products.

4 Likes

Hardly a recommendation :wink:

1 Like

Coles? Good reason it was $2. eh ?:woozy_face::laughing:
I tried one too. and agree with you . :expressionless:

1 Like

I eat plant based but don’t buy ready meals , I prefer unprocessed but do sometimes use veg sausages and mince for convenience.

3 Likes

Hi Bscotch, you Ingerish folk use more slang and jargon than most I know except my fellow Orstraylians. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Pray tell, what on Earth is a “Paddie” ?? :face_with_raised_eyebrow::woozy_face::thinking:. other than a rice field ? :woozy_face:

1 Like

Isn’t it derogatory term for an Irishman?

1 Like

I use this on a regular basis…

It’s fine with a decent tasty (spicy) sauce, it’s just about expectations. It’s not the real thing and never will be.

2 Likes

Not keen on quorn, prefer the soya based mince.

2 Likes

But Helen, isn’t eating Irishmen considered cannibalism & Illegal :thinking::laughing:. And anyway I hadn’t realised they were made out of vegetables despite their history with potatoes. :innocent::face_with_hand_over_mouth:. :wink:

1 Like

No plant based meals for me,if it has a face i eat it.

Are you asking me? That’s not my post.