Have you organised your Christmas dinner yet?

I was in TKmax yesterday and they have all the Christmas decs out…Im hoping the family come to me this Christmas…hopefully my building work will be complete then… fingers crossed

1 Like

I may go out for a pre Christmas meal & if I am working Christmas day, I have the option of a meal there. But if I am at home, then I don’t bother. I just have something nice.

1 Like

Make sure they bring a bottle…of camping gas for those camping stoves and heaters :wink::grin::joy:

1 Like

I never know from one year to another what I am doing. It all depends on little sis, whether she stays with one of her children, or if she is at home. She did come to me one year but think that would be a one off. If she has family round she will invite me.

Last week I made the Christmas puddings and made the cake last February. Always stay at home with the boys.

Wow how weird just thinking about Christmas myself today. Booked/organised a meal out on the 18th for some work colleagues and booked for a couple of Christmas meals/dinners/do’s. Now thinking what to do myself for Christmas day/boxing thinking for the first time of asking some friends over.

In all honesty, when I dragged this thread up I was amazed that Christmas was being advertised in shops and pubs etc. Im.even more amazed that some of you are already on the case In terms of preparation.

1 Like

Last week while ordering groceries online It’s Sainsburys this time I discovered mince pies £1.20 for 5 . A bit previous.

2 Likes

Has anyone else ever had Mr Kipling’s Christmas Elves?

2 Likes

No but I’m willing to try :wink:

1 Like

Only 90 days to go, as of today:

Ordered 3 Turkeys from a local farm at the beginning of the week, we have been using them for 10+years now. We always buy one for each of the children.

NOPE …erm

I never know from one year to the next what will be happening vis a vis my sister and her family. If she cannot go to one of her children’s houses, she stays home so we do something together. Last year they all went to her and I was invited. If she stays with one, I have to spend Christmas alone.

Each year I just presume it will be the latter and plan accordingly. So one day I will empty out my chest freezer, and see if I still have a Turkey joint (I expect not) and buy in what I need. I don’t mind if it is Turkey slices, I always enjoy my own cooked roasts.

Yep, with family having a barbecue on a New Zealand beach… :smiley:

Oh.My.Gosh!!! Envious or what. :laughing:

1 Like

It’s a dirty job Jan, but someone has to do it… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Indeed!

1 Like

I have come to describe “Cooking Christmas Dinner” as the definition of hell on earth. It has caused so much aggro in my household that I refuse to have Christmas dinner at home. There are two options; we will pay and go out for dinner in some pub somewhere, or I will make do with simple pie and chips, or similar.

2 Likes

We’re coming round to the idea of buying a takeaway the night before which we could heat up. However, this is unlikely to happen while the MIL comes over for Xmas day, due to tradition.

1 Like