Have you learnt to forgive yourself?

As we move through life, we sometimes hurt those nearest to us. We do not do this with intent. But a frivolous comment, made in the heat of the moment can have us remembering the hurt inflicted on a loved one.
These moments may haunt us till our last days if we have not learnt to forgive ourselves.
The weird thing about human nature is that we readily forgive those who may have wronged us but we beat ourselves up over what we may have said to someone decades ago.
Maybe we do not forgive our sins of the past because in doing so, we actually let go of the past.
For some that may be a scary prospect. What do we have to grasp onto if not our past memories, be they pleasant or unpleasant? Take them away and we are left with an empty shell, full of cracks and frailties.
We may feel like a ship adrift with no mooring post to tether us to
Remember, all our past achievements, all we have done, we done to the best of our abilities, at that time.
A retort? At the time, it was justified.
When we do what we do, many, many times we do not know the ramifications of our actions. But we do them, because at the time, our very essence said that is what was required.
Learn to forgive yourself and move forward to the next great adventure.

1 Like

Can only speak for your self, I opted out of that narrative, it did not fit. :smiley:

1 Like

Too many wees. :icon_wink:

1 Like

Not bad, 15 wees. :smiley:

17 at least. :icon_wink:

1 Like

Out in the cold, don’t do collective. :icon_wink:

1 Like

Or Global.!!!

1 Like

Oh Gosh, yes I have…

Why? Well I realise that what was going on wasn’t my fault but the enormous stress hubby was under.

He kept these two huge secrets from us (me and daughter) but when the lovely nurse gave us a few bits of info, it was as if relief washed off of both myself and her.

So, that has helped tremendously to move forward after his passing and we were able to forgive him as well.

Sigh!

2 Likes

I’ve done nothing to forgive :grinning:

1 Like
2 Likes

Without all the facts we can not make informed decisions.
One is left floundering, what is going on, why are things the way they are?
I am glad you were able to move ahead versed with all the relevant information. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Same. I did the best I could with what I had and knew. I still do.

1 Like

Yes. I forgave myself for spending a big part of my kids youth studying. I could have spent more time with both of them.

But, they get to enjoy the fruits of my labour!
Always a silver lining.

2 Likes

Always a silver lining.
You turned out okay, they turned out okay. :slightly_smiling_face:

Aye @Bretrick, just the bare minimum she disclosed was enough to answer so many questions. Giving a conclusion to things that were said and done. Reactions to certain situations where I went with: “What? Why is this or that happening?”

When you’re in a situation where you’ve no other person to discuss because if their negative attitude, it’s great to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Aye I know, probably makes you wonder what went on. No worries, it wasn’t anything bad, it was just suttle things which were taken for granted and then changing overnight!

A mental health problem I believed was there, landed hard. Oof! But… It gave clarity and finally a sense of relief and due to that I can hold my head high and feel so much better inside and out.

Cheers Brett!

1 Like

The chance to hold your head up high after “stuff” was revealed allows you to brush aside all those misgivings.
I am pleased that things turned out okay. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes
tenor (1)

1 Like

As my bladder aged over the years, I gave up counting :wink::grin:

1 Like

I pee less now, famous for bucking the trend!

You’re a rebel,no doubt about it.