Have You Heard Your First Firework Of The Season... Yet?

I haven’t heard any fireworks go off, as yet but l feel they are imminent! With not long to go until, Halloween and Bonfire Night, the locals will soon be having a test run!
I do feel sorry for the animals and people of a nervous disposition.

Have you heard any fireworks going off yet?

Not specifically of the season. Due to the nature of the area I live in, we tend to have firework celebrations on a not infrequent basis.

1 Like

Scotland has a new firework law that came in on the 10th of this month. It bans the use of any type of firework unless at actual licensed events and the fines are something like £5,000 or a couple of years in jail. Of course, with cut backs as they are, its doubtful as to how these will be policed.

2 Likes

Blimey… I’ve got a few packets of sparklers in my outdoors cupboard.
I think I’d better leave them behind when we move next year :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

At least, sparklers are silent!!

1 Like

Well to be fair they do make a slightly fizzy sound :slightly_smiling_face:
Enough to get you nicked in Scotland it would seem :firecracker:

1 Like

Will people be buying fireworks this year ?, I would think that spending £££ on watching it go up in smoke would not be high on peoples priorities given the current climate…

1 Like

Some will still buy them… saying, the kids love them!

I would be quite happy if I never heard another firework ever. It’s bad enough having a dog who’s terrified of them but you want to try keeping 2 Clydesdales calm.

3 Likes

No, but why would I? buying fireworks without a permit is illegal

1 Like

First firework? They’ve been setting them off round here for the past 2 or 3 weeks

Christmas decorations & goodies already in my local supermarkets.

1 Like

I hear fireworks all the time because they are used at almost any birthday party or festivity throughout the year. A nuisance.

1 Like

I agree Rox! All animals may suffer from these annual displays and some wildlife could get hurt.
I pray for heavy rain if I hear of a local one!
When the local church had a bonfire at the vicar’s house next door I had to make hourly checks on the 3 horses in the barn!

2 Likes

No I haven’t. We live in a quiet area with an above average population of retired people who aren’t interested in letting off fireworks any time.

1 Like

Fireworks are illegal here. Doesn’t stop my neighbors. But it’s mostly on the 4th of July and New Year’s with some random weekends thrown in.

1 Like

@butterscotch , And of course the obligatory firearm discharges ? :+1::roll_eyes::+1:

1 Like

I loved having my own fireworks!
Not having a garden anymore makes it a bit tricky.

I’m pretty sure that two of the items in this box are now banned.

1 Like

Do you keep them in your house? :scream:

A few years ago, a local guy stocked up on fireworks and they went off. Took 3 fire engines and a new roof & windows before he was allowed to live there again :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t really think middle+ aged people like us are the target market for fireworks. B’ah humbug, eh?

1 Like

Some were let off a few evenings ago. My friend, who has a tiny dog, commented on FB. I presume both he and she are nervous.

2 Likes