Have you had covid?

I had Covid-19 a while back and just recently I’ve had a couple of chest infections. I caught another chest infection when I had the booster just a few weeks ago which cleared up quickly with antibiotics. However, this past week I started with a sore throat and feeling unwell again and I’m coughing up some nasty stuff again only about 2 weeks after finishing the antibiotics.

I phoned my doctor for his advice on Friday and he said he didn’t want to give me anymore antibiotic, which I agree with as it’s not good to take too many, but he said if it hadn’t cleared up by Wednesday that he wants to see me face to face so he can listen to my chest.

My cough is only on mornings and I’m coughing a lot at that time then fine during the day.

My Dad mentioned today to me that he was thinking last night and he said ‘I think all this has started since you had covid’ and then I got to thinking he is right.

I was diagnosed with COPD a few years ago but it was very mild and nothing serious so now I’m wondering could it be COPD or has the Covid weakened my lungs and I’m left with long covid?

I don’t know, I’m not a doctor but I’m just wondering if any of you who have had covid in here has had more chest trouble since covid?

Just curious.

Ta for listening…again lol

1 Like

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Please note this thread has been tagged with our member-support tag and this is just a friendly reminder to ask that you keep this in mind when replying.

Life is hard enough as it is, and if you can say something that might help make the OP’s day that little bit better we’re sure it would be greatly appreciated :blush:

with that said please avoid turning these types of threads into debates (if you really must, you can start a separate thread on a related topic, but please don’t mention or refer to this one). Thank you for your understanding and for helping make the Over50sChat community the best it can be!

:white_heart: :yellow_heart: :brown_heart: :black_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart: :heart:
:sparkling_heart: :orange_heart:

Hi LQ,

No, I have not had COVID-19 however a friend of mine had COVID and is still struggling post Covid with congestion in her chest.

Hopefully, it’s nothing serious and related to the cold season.

Thinking of you and sending hugs :hugs:

1 Like

someone explain what the bots on abart please lol

bless ya Minxy MWAH

1 Like

I’ve not had Covid, but I also know someone who had symptoms randomly surfacing for a while afterwards. I do hope it does clear up by Wednesday, but on the other hand it would be good to actually have a face to face appointment with your GP.

Sending good health wishes and (((hugs)))

1 Like

The bot is just making sure we all play nice and give you the support and hugs you deserve :hugs: I haven’t had covid, so can’t comment, but I do hope you get some GP help and advice.

1 Like

Ta Pixie, but why does it have to ask if we play nice over a innocent post? I don’t get it, did I say something that might incite nasty comments? If I did I don’t know what scratches head

We had it but unconfirmed way back in March '20. It was very lowering and with the assistance of my oxy concentrator + nebuliser + methasone inhaler, both of us made it through. Several months later blood tests revealed antibodies and doc reckoned those could only come from a C-19 viral infection.
My advice, for what its worth, is keep home isolated as much as possible and see if you can get hold of some combined multi vitamin and mineral tablets to help your system.

2 Likes

No, no, Queenie, its nothing to do with your post. Its because you posted it in “Member Support” (which is correct) and this section can cover all sorts of personal and sensitive subjects. So its just a way of reminding everyone to be gentle. :+1:

3 Likes

Got to say I really disagree with this. I’d say that if you can, you should get out and about - go for walks and get as much fresh air as you can. If you isolate - it won’t be forever but when you come out, your immune system will be weakened. So within reason, do as much as you can. Keep as fit as you can and get as much fresh air as you can. Zinc and Vit D is my recommendation and a good diet with as much fresh food as possible.

Lindyloo good common sense for sure…but we have to stay away from People as much as humanely possible.
Your immune system does react to a lot of health issues, many so far more complex for even the Top Scientists to fathom…We need not to be with others and we do need to look after our whole selves, but away from the risks from others…
My twin Son, as much as he lives a very healthy lifestyle he contracted the dreaded Covid19 before last Xmas and he had just one week back at work still not feeling his self…He actually then got made redundant and for him it is a blessing…he was a Bus Driver

Ok, thanks for explaining Pixie xxx

1 Like

The problem is LQ we see things we feel odd and then that upsets us when we are not feeling the best…it then escalates but lucky Trixie explained the reasons for you…

1 Like

I walk at least three times a week - with a group of over 30 yesterday - and believe that meeting up outside is good for you - social and healthy. Meeting a lot of people indoors without ventilation needs masks - which given the circumstances is only common sense.

1 Like

But apart from the fact that I have to have regular blood tests, nurse visits the home…We have had nobody here for two years, just keeps us that much safer…Yes I think as long as your not close and not mixing with the group Lindyloo.
Fresh air is very healthy, full of not just Vit C the D3 is vital for us…
the exercise is more than important 100% on that…

So sorry LQ, with so much on your plate already the last thing you need is to be feeling rough. Is it possible that you are suffering from “long covid”.

1 Like

I’ve had Covid Lion Queen and it’s left me with a couple of minor niggles. Although I can still taste salt and sweet things, my taste has not returned to what it was before. Same with smell, still a bit jaded. I’ve got some slight congestion in the mornings while showering, but I had that before Covid. My resting heart rate has always been slow (40 bpm) and irregular, but has been getting much worse over the last couple of years, but I think having Covid has added to the deterioration. The good news is, it seems to be getting better.

My neighbour who passed away a couple of years ago (not virus related) visited his doctor after feeling breathless with muscle weakness back in 2015 and was told that the virus he had in the previous winter would still continue to cause mischief for at least six months. I don’t suppose Covid is any different Lion Queen.

Stress can result in a few mysterious illnesses also, and you have been under lots of stress just lately Queeny. Look after yourself and support John and try not to worry…
:hugs:

1 Like

The Wife has, 18 months ago, at that time, for two days, my normal pulse rate doubled, it is strange that one of the symptoms of this new version is an increased heartbeat.

Thats what my Dad said today, I wonder? I hope not though, it needs to bugger off and leave me alone

1 Like