Have you grown out of telling lies?

In my youth and my drinking days I lied constantly. But I was always being caught out on those lies.
I eventually realised that lying gets one into too much trouble because, a week or a month later you can not remember the lie. The lie came out in a fleeting moment and was gone.
It was not laid down in your mind so recalling something that is not there is impossible.
Hence being caught out all the time. One can not remember the lie you told to someone 6 months ago, but the person you told the lie to remembers because it was an actual experience that was then laid down in their mind.
I can honestly say I have not lied in at least 22 years now. Since I stopped drinking.
White lies not included.

The chances are, you will be caught out by another liar so what is the great shakes?

1 Like

Yes and no. Honestly, :blush: when I was young I never lied since there was no need to. I didn’t drink and that was because my father was an alcoholic. I experienced the drama at home and, in contrast to some common expectations, that made us (my twin brother included) immune to drinking too much. We always knew when to stop. White lies and even the occasional grey lie are indispensable either as a social lubricant or as a protective measure.

1 Like

Sometimes folks find truths boring. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

creative truth telling

When I was young, I was always truthful. I didn’t much care about the consequences of my truth telling. Over the years, I’ve learned how complex life can be. Truth is not always as easy to discern.

1 Like

When the wife asks you if her bum looks big in that dress…what then?

1 Like

Then tell her what she may want to hear. White lies are always acceptable.

1 Like

Still a lie though whatever the colour

1 Like

Nothing bad about that. Life without any lies is an illusion and not feasible.

1 Like

My wife has a unique superpower in that she can instantly detect lies if I were ever to tell any.

1 Like

She may want to hear sweet little lies as well.

1 Like

Bloody hell, we are getting profound

1 Like

Don’t we always do?

2 Likes

It’s all over my head, I am a meat and two veg man.

1 Like

is not telling the whole truth a form of lying?

1 Like

Wot? Like wot politicians does? :grinning:

1 Like

Do "fibs"count

Yop it’s a sin of omission .

1 Like

A lie could be stretching the truth,but just tell the truth,you have to have a good memory if you lie,no point imo.

2 Likes