Have you given your car a name?

We had an ancient Austin 1936. My mother named it Bessie from BFG.

1 Like

Ah some great metaphors on your info there about hubbies position towards his car - he’s riding one of his mistresses perhaps and she is never performing perfectly - always letting him down ; always demanding more and more attention - but just to annoy ‘her’ more he introduces his even more constant mistress to sit astride her like a prima donna?? well that’s one viewpoint anyway - but it is interesting heh how we treat all our possesions and how we care for them and relate to them? - I’ll leave left stage entrance now!!

1 Like

BFG ??? - sometimes these international abbrevs can mean different things - remember this is an international site is it not WWW?

2 Likes

I visited my daughter in Canberra this weekend she has just bought herself a Subaru WRX tS Sport. When she took me for a ride in it I nearly named it “Jesus Christ” because that was all I could say when she put her foot down, talk about being pressed into your seat! It is quite remarkable considering it only has a 2.5 litre engine

It’s a nice enough car with stupid things like heated seats, warnings when a car is in your blind spot or even beside you, an adaptative cruise control which won’t allow you to ram into the back of the car in front and a dashboard screen you need an 8 volume manual to master. Just a lot of things to go wrong in my opinion.

2 Likes

I’m with you on that one Bruce. A car from hell in my opinion. I like to be the driver of my car and not a passenger…

1 Like

A lot of people here are British and our old car was BFG 983. With more vehicles on the roads we had to add additional letters. My first car was CSP 477 C in 1965.

1 Like

BFG = Quote from Wiki…
In some circles, the BFG is a rapper also known as ‘Big F–kin Gangsta,’ in others, BFG stands for “Big F–king Gun” — a term popularized by the Doom and Quake video game series. But, for other, more innocent ears, BFG has only one meaning: Big Friendly Giant .

3 Likes

thanks OGF - you can always be relied on to clear the air and tell Gods honest truth!!

1 Like

I think Old Bessie was quite a bit older than the rappers !

2 Likes

The Big Friendly Giant ! Another classic children’s story banned due to over zealous politically correct people who should really butt out. Apparently it’s depicted as cannibalism :joy:. People are getting sillier by the hour.

Quote: The human bean is not a vegetable,” one giant says. Even though the plot of the book involves ridding the world of people-eating giants, The BFG frequently lands on banned lists for its depiction of cannibalism . In The BFG, the title character kidnaps Sophie and takes her to Giant Country, where kids are on the menu.

2 Likes

RMT. Because it stops working for no reason.

1 Like

I love this Boot, so funny :grin:

1 Like

Thank you. I had forgotten about this thread and our reminiscences about our old cars.
I hope you are getting on ok and feeling a lot better now. x

My car is called Suzy Rose.

Is a Suzuki and the official paint colour is rose.

I dont talk to it though.

2 Likes

The car’s know by the 3 letters on the registration plate which spell a word

1 Like

My car is called Yeti.

1 Like

Skoda?
:nerd_face:

How did you guess. Lol. She’s a great old lady, had her 4 years now.

1 Like

Love the shape, and the colour, Skoda have got a good name Rox…My mate buys nothing else.

1 Like

After my garage trip today, to get my 2005 Renault Clio fixed, the verdict was not good. Apparently, I need a new windscreen wiper motor, which unfortunately Renault no longer make for this age of Clio. So it’s off to the Knackers Yard I’m afraid. It is now called Wipeout for obvious reasons! :anguished: :weary: