Have you ever tried posting with Google Voice?

This post is created with Google Voice. Have you ever tried to use your voice-activated keyboard to create a post?

It saves typing time and is pretty quick. But sometimes the formatting isn’t the best.

To try it, hit the microphone on your keyboard. It should bring up the Google Voice icon. Then just talk into it. You will need to add punctuation by saying it such as period and comma.

For those people struggling with typing, this might be an option.

I’m still learning about it. Have you ever tried Google Voice to create a post?

Edit: The formatting actually cleaned up after i posted it. The software created the capital letter in the title. I did the above post on my phone. It was really quick to do. I’m writing this edit on a PC but could have easily added it on my phone.

Do you have to talk American English to get understood?
I don’t even like touch screens,just the good old Qwerty for me.

1 Like

I am constantly amazed at the accuracy of speech to text apps

My desktop does have a mic and camera because I often use it for Zoom calls. My laptop is naturally so equipped too but I haven’t tried it for posts in a forum. I must admit to trying to use Google apps as little as possible because their privacy record is pretty sketchy.

Using Word and M$/WIN10 programs I have experimented a little but to be honest I prefer my writing style to my speaking style so have never persisted with it.

I certainly have made recorded messages on Whatsapp (yes, I know) occasionally and have left voice messages on phone calls which Telstra promises will be converted to SMS messages. that is about it.

1 Like

Supposedly, Google does voice recognition so it’s supposed to get used to an accent over time. There’s some info online about it but I don’t have any experience with it.

I have an Android phone, so no getting around Google there. I agree with you about Google’s sketchy past (present?) with privacy issues.

My phone is Android too but I do try to avoid their apps and turn off everything I can in my Google account

1 Like

I started another thread for this because I’m fascinated by people’s different styles.

No, as I mentioned I have experimented with Windows Speech recognition as well as on my Android phone. It is amazingly accurate except in lifts.

2 Likes

lmao I kept wondering why they didn’t try another number. I was hoping that the building didn’t have an eleventh floor.

I’ve tried posting in docs with a voice recognition app. I think it was Windows. I’ve forgotten why I gave up on it.