Have you ever had Personalised Car Number Plates?

There was a Lamborghini seen around where I live that had the reg. HE 11 YEA, I think it got nicked.

1 Like

What is strange is the folks who have a plate that is so ambiguous, they have to have a printed explanation below the registration number.

One of the best ones I saw was on a MK1 Fiesta, it read FAT 61T (FAT GIT) :smiley:

1 Like

A fair range of letter-number combinations referring to unwanted people or events are excluded anyway.

1 Like

I’m always thankful when I get an easy-to-remember combination of letters and number, thinking the cops are going to stop me and ask me to recite my reg!

1 Like

Them days are long gone, now we are all in the database :smiley:

1 Like

Yes but I think about 50 years ago they did ask, as if giving the right answer proved it was your car and not stolen. But there’s no logic in that.

1 Like

Your right dOOd, if I remember right, it was hard recalling your registration number to the cops, after a few Beers :grin:

1 Like

exactly!

1 Like

I’d forgotten about the UK police asking for you to recite your numberplate, they don’t do that here, they ask your driving licence number. Car number plates can change if they get damaged.

1 Like

Yes, I got mine for my 50th. My mum offered to pay half towards my birthday. I put it on the Micra I bought new the following year, then transferred it to the Juke I got a few years ago.

I doubt it would be worthwhile selling it when I stop driving, as it would only be useful for someone else born in the same year as me. I love having it, it’s my personal details and follows me everywhere.

2 Likes

My Daughter has one, she has had it for years & it didn’t cost much, think she bought it when she was in her early 20’s, it’s been on every car she’s owned, it’s on the van now, but before that used to be on her S Max, which got scrapped, car was too old to repair.

1 Like

After nearly 30 years about 4 years ago I had to get my plates replaced because they were getting a bit tatty, well, the front one was.

These retro yellow plates cost an annual fee these days but because I replaced like for like there still is no annual fee.

I think these will see me out.

1 Like

Never really bothered about personalised number plates, I just try and remember the current one. Which is getting harder the older I get. I did have an interesting one on my van though when I was a courier…W 599 GET…You could say the last three letters were appropriate…
:nerd_face:

1 Like

Jazzi, you should put a plate on the front of the vehicle as well :smile:

1 Like

My initials are BRM, British Racing Motors, I doubt if its availible or if it was it would cost.

BRM 1 would be my choice.

1 Like

Probably a good choice after thirty years. I’d risk a fine for such old plates. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We don’t have traffic cops anymore, certainly not in London and the SE. Just millions of cameras and bots putting fines in the post.

2 Likes

Hah hah!

1 Like

Yes we have one,our initials.
It is an investment.

1 Like

If I’d had

747 JET

then by now:

Reg Plate:747 JET
Registration Style:Dateless
Purchase Price:£18,080.00