Have You Ever Eaten Wagyu Beef/Beefburgers?

They don’t do that on beef raised here, though, as long as you check for ethical suppliers

All beef steak should have a marbling of fat really. The bright red stuff with none will be tough

That’s an American thing and meat without marbling is not tough.

3 Likes

I’ve heard of it because I watch a lot of cooking shows. It became popular after I stopped eating meat, so I’ve never tried it.

1 Like

I’ve never eaten a beef burger

1 Like

I tried Wimpy’s, Burger King, and McDonalds as each of them appeared in town - and thought they were horrid. Learned to make my own.

2 Likes

Very wise Ms Tabby .

I’m veggie

Veggie burgers are tasty! Have made those as well. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I’d love the recipe :heart_eyes:

I have tried several from the BBC Good Food website - my favourites are the Green Burgers and the Halloumi and Pineapple ones. Here is the link -

1 Like

I’ve happy memories of the old style Wimpy restaurants, there was one on Marylebone High Street many moons ago.
It wasn’t so bad, the locals used to pop in there for a chat and it was table service.

As for McDonald’s, the pits, having said that I wouldn’t recommend KFC either!

1 Like

Indeed!

The Wimpy was the first burger I had ever seen/eaten and - compared with others was not too bad - it inspired me to find a recipe and make my own anyway. Now there are always a few lurking in the freezer.

1 Like

Hi

I make my own, very low fat burgers, with herbs from the garden.

I make vegie burgers for my vegetarian visitors.

I like both kinds.

1 Like

Fresh herbs… delicious!
Bring it on :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used the love the Wimpy bar!

My brother, ( ten years older than me) used to take me with his mates and I thought it was delicious.

Do your remember those frankfurters with slits in so they could wrap them around the tomato?

Here’s a recipe from my frugal food group for baked bean burgers :fearful:

Husband and me think eugh :nauseated_face:but my vegan friend likes them!

Tin of baked beans
40g breadcrumb
½ small onion finely chopped
1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
Small red chilli, finely chopped
oil
cinnamon
paprika
cumin
tsp salt

Drain the beans, keep the sauce
Fry the onion and garlic onion and add to a bowl with the beans and everything else

Mix it up with a wooden spoon mushing down the beans a bit but not too much, leave some whole, until it forms a dough you can shape with your hands

Make six burgers and put in fridge to chill

Fry them

Make a salsa by frying some onion and red pepper and chilli powder then adding the drained bean juice and a squirt of tomato sauce

Serve in a bun and eat!

About 75p for six, a bit different to my Waygu burgers :rofl:

2 Likes

Very tempting!

And the beauty of it is you can fine tune the recipe according to taste.
There’s nothing wrong with a good old tin of baked beans.

I’m just wondering what alcoholic beverage to serve with the above, not Prosecco, Cava or cider this time there’s got to be something just a little bit special?
I’m going to stick my neck out and suggest a Bloody Mary :wink:

2 Likes

With all those beans you wouldn’t want anything, erm, gassy! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I think I’d go with the grand old USA tradition of bourbon and beans and have a Jack Daniels!

EEeek - no - don’t even go there. Sausage - delicious - Frankfurters - horrid - it’s the texture - can’t stand them!

1 Like

They were the classic feature of a Wimpy mixed grill, though

Never tried one of thise - just a burger with onions in a bun!

1 Like