Have you ever created a vision board?

" A vision board is usually a collage of images that represent goals and dreams. It can include cut-out pictures from magazines and words that help inspire you to manifest your dreams and get where you want to go (here is a complete guide on how to manifest something)."

My first vision board was something I created without much thought or belief. I later realized that without thinking much about it, most of what I had put on my vision board I had gotten within 6 months to a year later.

At this point, my only belief about it is that if it’s fun, I’ll do it.

I just updated my vision board for 2022. I’ve stopped using pictures from magazines and have gone the high-tech route. I use Canva (free graphic design software; there are lots of others). I post images gathered from around the internet and place them in a Canva template.

Then I place my tempate as my computer wallpaper. Every time I turn on my computer, I’m reminded of the images.

Lately, the goals are less material and more about states of being.

Have you ever created a vision board?

No, never.

When I was a child my old man used to make my brother an I create a book of all the things we expect (not “wanted”) to see on the upcoming holiday. It spoilt any spontaneous enjoyment of the holiday for me and since then I have taken a much more “Dice Man” approach to life.

1 Like

No - but it sounds like a good idea! Will give it a try - it could be fun.

The native American ‘vision quest’ comes to mind.

1 Like

Nope and until today have never heard of it.

1 Like

No, I’ve never needed one. My only partial disappointment with my life was when an intrusive TIA wrecked my career causing me early retirement just days before my 60th birthday. Still, that’s all behind me now and I comfortably enjoy my remaining years with a good pension and returns from wise investments from my earlier years :+1:

I have made moodboards
but not vision boards…

1 Like

Sounds like it could be fun. What’s a moodboard?

Edit: found this on Canva about mood boards.

“mood boards serve as a fundamental transition between an initial thought and a first draft. It may be more beneficial to think of mood boarding as visual organizing.”

Some of the examples are beautiful. They are very similar to my vision board in the look and feel.

https://www.canva.com/learn/make-a-mood-board/

1 Like

Like before decorating a room…

Or when I/the pupils study an artistic style or design era…

Or when I’m trying to collect pieces for a capsule wardrobe…

Or before “dressing” a room with accessories or accent colours…

2 Likes

Ooh yes I like the digital versions on there!

1 Like

No, I haven’t created such a thing, and the very idea of it sounds extremely un-British to me. :face_with_monocle:

:uk:

How so? It’s just some pictures pieced together.

I don’t know, but the concept of it sounds like something that should be avoided.

I expect you are starting to form the impression that I just have a tendency to be contrary, and you would be right; I have. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am a visual learner Harbal
To me, creating moodboards and mind-maps and working designs make perfect sense. I have to see it to understand it.
I even follow the pictures rather than the words on flatpack furniture instructions!

2 Likes

I take the belt and braces approach and try to reconcile both before I attempt assembly. I suppose that Ikea instructions do amount to a visual representation of your ambitions, sort of. :grinning:

1 Like

Exactly that!
And that’s how some of us roll :grin:

2 Likes