Have you ever created a vision board?

" A vision board is usually a collage of images that represent goals and dreams. It can include cut-out pictures from magazines and words that help inspire you to manifest your dreams and get where you want to go (here is a complete guide on how to manifest something)."

My first vision board was something I created without much thought or belief. I later realized that without thinking much about it, most of what I had put on my vision board I had gotten within 6 months to a year later.

At this point, my only belief about it is that if itā€™s fun, Iā€™ll do it.

I just updated my vision board for 2022. Iā€™ve stopped using pictures from magazines and have gone the high-tech route. I use Canva (free graphic design software; there are lots of others). I post images gathered from around the internet and place them in a Canva template.

Then I place my tempate as my computer wallpaper. Every time I turn on my computer, Iā€™m reminded of the images.

Lately, the goals are less material and more about states of being.

Have you ever created a vision board?

No, never.

When I was a child my old man used to make my brother an I create a book of all the things we expect (not ā€œwantedā€) to see on the upcoming holiday. It spoilt any spontaneous enjoyment of the holiday for me and since then I have taken a much more ā€œDice Manā€ approach to life.

1 Like

No - but it sounds like a good idea! Will give it a try - it could be fun.

The native American ā€˜vision questā€™ comes to mind.

1 Like

Nope and until today have never heard of it.

1 Like

No, Iā€™ve never needed one. My only partial disappointment with my life was when an intrusive TIA wrecked my career causing me early retirement just days before my 60th birthday. Still, thatā€™s all behind me now and I comfortably enjoy my remaining years with a good pension and returns from wise investments from my earlier years :+1:

I have made moodboards
but not vision boardsā€¦

1 Like

Sounds like it could be fun. Whatā€™s a moodboard?

Edit: found this on Canva about mood boards.

ā€œmood boards serve as a fundamental transition between an initial thought and a first draft. It may be more beneficial to think of mood boarding as visual organizing.ā€

Some of the examples are beautiful. They are very similar to my vision board in the look and feel.

https://www.canva.com/learn/make-a-mood-board/

1 Like

Like before decorating a roomā€¦

Or when I/the pupils study an artistic style or design eraā€¦

Or when Iā€™m trying to collect pieces for a capsule wardrobeā€¦

Or before ā€œdressingā€ a room with accessories or accent coloursā€¦

2 Likes

Ooh yes I like the digital versions on there!

1 Like

No, I havenā€™t created such a thing, and the very idea of it sounds extremely un-British to me. :face_with_monocle:

:uk:

How so? Itā€™s just some pictures pieced together.

I donā€™t know, but the concept of it sounds like something that should be avoided.

I expect you are starting to form the impression that I just have a tendency to be contrary, and you would be right; I have. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am a visual learner Harbal
To me, creating moodboards and mind-maps and working designs make perfect sense. I have to see it to understand it.
I even follow the pictures rather than the words on flatpack furniture instructions!

2 Likes

I take the belt and braces approach and try to reconcile both before I attempt assembly. I suppose that Ikea instructions do amount to a visual representation of your ambitions, sort of. :grinning:

1 Like

Exactly that!
And thatā€™s how some of us roll :grin:

2 Likes