Have you ever been to a fancy expensive restaurant and ordered without looking at the prices?

When I watch movies, people go to fancy restaurants and order without looking at the prices. Supposedly, they’re rich enough not to care how much things cost. But maybe if you’ve decided to go to a fancy restaurant, you’ve already committed to the highest cost of that restaurant and factored that into the budget.

As they say in the movies, if you have to look at the prices, you can’t afford it.

Have you ever ordered a meal at an expensive restaurant without looking at the cost?

Only if someone else is paying :grinning:

1 Like

Hi

Nope.

My hobby used to be eating at the Top50 Restaurants in the World.

Never went in the evening, always went went for the Set Menu at Lunch as soon as they opened.

Explained we had saved up for it, amazing service, food and extras.

1 Like

How did you manage that?

Good looks and charm.

1 Like

Only once… Learnt from that mistake

1 Like

This is the key to getting top class food at very decent (relatively) prices. Smart move.

I did this once. I surprised my wife by taking her to London and booking a meal at the Ritz hotel for our anniversary. Needless to say I came away considerably poorer than when I went in. It was really nice, but I can’t say it was value for money.

1 Like

No never,in fact the first thing i do is look at the menu and prices,on many occasions i just walk out.

2 Likes

No, I’m not mean but I’m not stupid either !

2 Likes