Has anyone tried Chuckelberries

As the title says have you tried them…

‘‘A chuckleberry is a hybrid between a redcurrant, gooseberry and jostaberry (a jostaberry already being a hybrid of a gooseberry and blackcurrant). This large mix of different flavour profiles has resulted in a dark red/purple fruit around the size of a blackcurrant, with a complex, yet delicious taste.’’

I am disappointed to find I can’t buy frozen gooseberries this year and think I might give Chuckelberries a try…

1 Like

Never heard of them before, but I’d love to find some to try. What a great name! Plenty of goodness in them too, I imagine :+1:

P.S. Have you tried Farmfoods for frozen gooseberries?

1 Like

@PixieKnuckles
Hi Pixie :slightly_smiling_face: there isn’t a Farm Foods anywhere near me but thank you for the suggestion.
I buy my frozen fruit from Herefordshire and it is delivered in a cold box.

1 Like

Ack ok…thats a shame. Even Iceland is worth a try if they deliver to you…I make my smoothies with frozen fruit. but buy fresh from the local fruit shop.

1 Like

I’m sorry but with a name like “chuckleberry” my first thought was “Is it April?”.
:grin:
But a quick search shows that not only can you buy the fruit but you can buy the plants and from the description they sound quite appealing.
I’ve never seen any to try them and if I had I would buy some to have a go - but as a punnet or a pound of them maybe not in 3kg so I can understand your hesitancy.

1 Like

@Meg - never heard of those but what a lovely name! Must find some and try them.

1 Like

I had jostaberries on my allotment, and they were quite tasty. I quite miss them.

1 Like

No l haven’t tried them Meg but they sound as if they would be very tasty.

I had to smile at the name. I thought the raspberry l bought lately had a funny name being called, ‘Raspberry Groovy’ but ’Chuckelberries’ Or, is it Chuckleberries beats it!

1 Like

I’ve heard of dingleberries😲, but that’s a new on on me,

Are they still going? :rofl:

1 Like

No…one of them died…

1 Like

Did not know that. :cry: