Has anyone had their Fuel allowance yet , or has it been stopped?

Looks like the majority of us have received our payments so heres a tick , hope those that are still waiting get theirs soon .

http://weclipart.com/gimg/A8ECCB6BFEE04BD2/4i97oBRiE.png

still nothing here yet:cry:

Hi

I have been battling them for ages, I was due my State Pension last December.

As I have posted elsewhere, I have numerous letters from them and I have a call recorder on my phone, all 27 hours of it.

My State Pension is not the headline one, I have been contracted out from time to time, so it is £123.57 a week.

I have a letter sitting in front of me confirming that £5913.69 was to be paid into my bank account by today, with a further payment of £494.28 paid in by 13th December.

After that, it gets paid weekly.

I also have a different letter, received a few days before, with different amounts and dates on it, the amounts they quoted in that letter are a little bit higher.

I am also battling for another Pension,not a huge one, going back 30 odd years, when I was transferred from one department to another.

The Government Department I was transferred to has written to me a year ago saying that I was entitled to it, but it is payable by another Department.

The Department responsible for paying it however wants the payslips from that time, which I do not have.

It is just a game of ping pong.

It is not a vast amount of money, but it is Tax Free, an Injury Pension.

The situation is not helped by the fact that due to being swapped around so much, I have 3 Tax Offices to deal with.

They were however very quick off the mark when I was 65, taking the whole of my Reduced Earning Allowances off me, when they should have only been reduced by a third.

They even made me go for another Medical, even though I had been awarded for life.

Such is life, I will get there.

Had to laugh. He who must obey retired on Friday and received his Fuel Allowance on Monday. When he opened the letter there it was in black and white - £100. “Hey, what’s this?” he said, “I thought I get £200?” that’s correct dear, says I, "it’s per household, not per person. If it was, it would be grossly unfair to those living alone. When you applied, instead of me getting the normal £200, in future, you will get £100 which they take off mine and I will get £100.He looked so disappointed. He said: “What was the point in me applying then?” he said. “None at all dear” said I. :lol::lol:

I thought it was £200 per person when I first applied ,bit of a let down to get half . Still its better than nothing …

I received my payment on Monday followed by the letter today :lol: what a waste of money sending all those letters out…

I get £200, presumably because I live alone and perhaps due to my age? It went straight to Scottish Power for gas and electric.

My £200 went on a few bottles of Whisky…Well it keeps the Jocks employed.

Waste of Money should be stoped.

Oh no it shouldn’t … :slight_smile:

Oh yes it should:-D

Oh no it shouldn’t … * hiss boo … dons pantomime costume* … Look behind you!

We’ve both got ours now, a week apart but both now in the bank.

I do think we’ve earned our few perks, having worked and paid our taxes for 40+ years.

Oh no, it shouldn’t. It’s an absolute godsend. When we bought this house many years ago there was an electricity meter installed. I was well chuffed! I know we pay more per year but I go straight to the corner shop and buy £100 of electricity on the key, No bill for Leccy. the other £100 is towards the winter gas bill.
Very grateful for this payment and use it as it should be used.

HWMO also got a letter saying he had been awarded a £10 Christmas bonus. Has anyone else had theirs yet? I haven’t.

I’ll do the same, as I can expect a huge bill in a couple of months. I’ll go to the post office, withdraw it, and put it straight onto the Energycard. I’ll be in credit for the £200 till the bill arrives, but then it’s going to the right place. I get a pension tomorrow so can afford to lose it. (She says, paying out money L, R and C on doggy things!)

yippy,i have the letter:-)so I presume dosh is in the bank:-)

Thats good news doc,:slight_smile:

http://weclipart.com/gimg/A8ECCB6BFEE04BD2/4i97oBRiE.png

Think you are still paying over the odds with your method of payment.

I have a standing order and pay in the summer months the same I pay in the winter months and with a mild winter get money back.

Plus the fact that you are charged more for your energy than I am.

That’s why I spend the £200 on drink it’s all payed before I have to use it.

Bought a load of logs for £115

Hi

That’s Southern prices for you.:shock:

will they last as long as Coal ? thats if coal is still available in this country…