Happy Childhood memories

My older sister was not only my parents first born, but also first Grand Child on both sides of the family, first niece and great niece. She was doted on by all. There are photo albums full of her as an enchanting, curly haired baby. There are none of me as a baby though, and this, my sister told me, when I was about 6, was proof that I was adopted.

I ran to ask my mother if it was true, was I adopted. Of course not she told me, “then why are there no pictures of me as a baby?” “Oh Darling” she told me “you were such a very ugly baby it seemed kinder not to”.

I skipped happily back to older sister, and joyously told her I wasn’t adopted, just ugly.

2 Likes

That made me chuckle @Maver-rik :081:

Love it

1 Like

Brilliant @Maver-rik :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

@Mags It is absolutely true, my Mother told me that her first thoughts on seeing me were “thank god for plastic surgery”.

It was to do with having a funny shaped head, with a great big forehead, and being bald for ages, once I grew some hair I was OK.

For years my older sister used to introduce me as her ugly little sister.

1 Like

What a sweet little girl you were Mav :icon_cool:
People can be so cruel to children making remarks that sting for a lifetime :icon_sad:

1 Like

@meg It truly didn’t bother me at all, I knew I was loved, and my Mum used to tell me the story of the ugly duckling, and that I became a swan.

2 Likes

That’s good to hear Maver-rik :grinning: , my Stepmother used to tell my sister and me that were were ugly unlike her beautiful niece and it stayed with both of us .

1 Like

@Meg

2 Likes

Just being a kid, running and playing, with no bills or job to worry about… where did those days go?

1 Like

Well I think you looked very sweet, Maverik :+1:

2 Likes

I think we all hanker for them.

1 Like

That made me laugh Maver-rik.

Our youngest is adopted. He was mucking about one day when I picked him up from school so I told him I had some bad news. I said, “You aren’t adopted, we really are your parents!” :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

And that made me laugh!
:rofl: :laughing: :wink:

1 Like