Hands Up! Who Likes Bakewell Tarts?

I love Bakewell Tarts too.
Proper ones without icing and certainly nothing produced in a Mr Kipling factory.

Tiffany, l had never heard of Bakewell Puddings, until your post!

Meg, l have stayed in the grounds of Chatsworth House. I loved it up there. Fancy moving from such a lovely area! :slight_smile:

Omah, You did mean a cake, didn’t you? :lol:
I had to google Wirksworth, as l had never heard of it before.

Besoeker, Tut Tut! :lol:

Longy, Mr Kipling? Wash your mouth out! :lol: His cakes are full of chemicals.
Couldn’t your wife make you some proper ones?

Pyxell, l thought you would bake your own Bakewell Tarts?
I am not sure l’d like ‘Trifle’ ones though?
I did laugh at you eating the whole pack in one day and in such a short period of time! :lol:

Realist, :slight_smile: Do you make Bakewell Tarts or, are you more a bread man?

Those look delicious Art.

I like the real Bakewell puddings myself. The ones they have in the original pie shop in Bakewell. Love the Peak District. One of the most beautiful places in the World.

Monday, It’s a shame, when you can’t have something you like. I bet the ones you tried in Derbyshire were delish!

The ones l made in the pic were more or less thrown into the baking tin as it was so late at night!
Instead of lifting each one out, one at a time. I tipped them out of the tin onto a cooling tray. Big mistake, as most of the flaked almonds came off the top of them!

Mags, Have you made them yet?
I bet Mr Mags would love them! :slight_smile:

Yes, Cache. You’re right in that, it was probably the staff who went to work in different areas, that passed the recipes on.
It was a slow way to pass on information, not like these days…at the end of a fingertip! :slight_smile:

ST, :slight_smile: You will have to bake some but l don’t suppose you have much time with all your other hobbies!

Not yet Art, but I’m sure it won’t be long. :smiley:

Mr Mags loves cakes, one is never enough for him but he’s supposed to be cutting down on the sweet things and finding that very difficult at the moment. :smiley:

Do I put temptation in his way :017: :smiley:

Yes of course! Twink. I will just go and knock out 8,500 Bakewell Tarts!
Thank goodness, my hens are laying lots of eggs at the moment! :lol:

P, You’ll have to make some or get your wife to make them! :slight_smile:

Thank You, Annie. I wish l had made a better job on presentation! Do you ever make them?

I love that area too!

I know! :blush::blush:
But they aren’t huge, and they are moreish!
Plus, when I really like something, I can’t stop! (There’s loads I don’t like, though, so I’m not too piggy! :lol:)

They’re called trifle bakewells but they aren’t trifle, they are tarts.
And yes, they are full of chemicals, and most times I shy away from highly processed stuff, so it’s only a little vice! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I’ll see if I can find a pic.

Here’s one…

Re. me baking my own cakes, I used to do loads of cooking and baking, but in more recent years, I just don’t enjoy cooking any more, or at least not most of the time. Besides which, baking was never my strong point, to be honest.

I bought a pack of black currant filled ones from Home Bargains. They tasted lovely.

Art those Trifle Bakewells have custard on the top…could you manage to put custard on the top of the ones you bake for OFF please? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: