Hairdressers

I go to a walk in shop called Easy Barber - they do men’s & women’s. I’m quite happy with the way they trim my hair.

They are open today but I expect there will be a long queue. I need to try & get sometime next week. Like others on here I have trimmed my own fringe but that’s all.

My neighbour has already gone to the hairdresser this morning.She was first in the queue with hers who only has two people working in the salon.

I won’t be going anytime soon. A visitor to my neighbour said ‘I see your neighbour is breaking lockdown getting her hair cut, where does she go’ :lol:

I have continuously trimmed bits off my hair since I last visited the hairdresser in February. Little and often is a good rule. Luckily I have a variety of tools including not only scissors but serrated thinning scissors and a Durham Duplex blade from my dog trimming box. I would not risk breaking my shielding just for the sake of my hair, I am not going to be going anywhere anyway only essential places like collecting my prescription and the vet .

Hi

I agree Meg.

Guy and I are having a meal out Monday, it is his birthday.

A carefully chosen outside location.

We have 3 days of Hospital Appointments next week, so taking no chances.

My daughter had her hair cut in her house this morning by her mobile hairdresser. The hairdresser wore a visor while Sue had to wear a mask. She also cut my grandson’s hair while she was there. :slight_smile:

Change of plans, and my hairdresser is coming to me on Monday instead of me going there now.

Looking forward to having my hi-lights re-done and the layers put back in.

She said she will be wearing a visor so hope the dogs let her in! They love her normally. :smiley:

I remember the vet said some animals didn’t like the masks they were all wearing.
I suppose the animals couldn’t see the facial expressions and speech might have been a bit muffled so I am not surprised. The poor dogs probably didn’t recognise them even and perhaps thought they all looked like burgulars! :smiley:

Haircut

Just to irritate those on the prolonged waiting list - just had my hair cut.:twisted:

Feels so much better:-)

Me and mrs p had ours done yesterday our hairdresser is mobile and has been coming to us for about 30 years, it does feel good, mind you I miss my long flowing locks blowing in the breeze :lol:

My hairdresser comes to me too. In fact, she lives with me.

Hard to get the same effect on me pushbike…

I’ll do it for you.

Ummmm! Well, thanks for the offer, but I think I’ll go with my proper hair dresser.

Hi

Went to the Barbers this morning, screens up, sanitiser, a walk in, same price, a Tenner, no problem at all.

He only has two cutting and 3 waiting to observe the distancing

I am still as ugly as sin, but no longer scruffy.

Oh Swimmy, I hope you haven’t passed on your streaming cold to them! :shock:

Just got my hair cut today - hallelujah. Was walking around like Ken Dodd. Paid her double the usual price as there was two months worth of hair to get rid of. Feels a lot better now. :slight_smile:

I am also shorn of my fleece, see Avatar. Went early this morning (0730am), to a really traditional old fashioned barber in town. Best tenner I’ve ever spent. Did’nt get offered, “Something for the Weekend Sir” But that’s alright, I already have the TV programme magazine for Saturday & Sunday!! :-):-):slight_smile:

I’m happy to wait although I’ve rung twice and got the answering machine .
. I have layered sleek locks which haven’t gone out of shape ,just got longer .

Saw this thread and thought, Oh shite, I have to phone my hairdresser for an appointment. So I did, and she can’t fit me in until the end of this month. I already look like an aged prog rocker with hair down past my shoulders so I passed on this and I’ll just have to find a barber’s in town asap.

Hairdresser appt a little different, just had to take my temperature and required to fill in form to say that I was ok, the PPE can get uncomfortable under dryer, with no mags to read a tedious 20 minutes.

I’m a happy bunny again! All went well at the salon, temperature taken on going in, filled in a NHS form which had to be dated, signed, name, address and telephone number. That was followed by sanitising hands and donning a face mask.

Everything was arranged perfectly, screens between clients and around the reception desk. Four stylists working, all wearing face shields and five clients being attended to. No cloth gowns, everything plastic throwaway.

I felt back in the world again, it made a lovely change going there :smiley:

Given an appointment for 6 weeks time and if things get bad again with the virus, my stylist said she would phone me if there was any signs of another lockdown so that I could be ‘tidied up’ before that happened. :smiley: