Had My First Ever Car Accident Earlier Today

I must be living right because my mother and I walked away from an accident in a cab today. We were on our way home and the driver in front of the cab suddenly braked and we hit hard enough to mess up the front of the cab we were in. We both had our seatbelts on though. My neck is sore and my mother’s shoulder is killing her, but we were very fortunate to not have been severely injured. The driver was a little shocked but remained calm and was uninjured. We had to wait at the scene until another cab showed up as the one we were in needed to be towed.

I’ve been online for a little north of 15 years now and have seen my share of gruesome car accidents. Thank God we didn’t end up like some of those poor souls. It just goes to show you how quickly your life can possibly end at any given time.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear this what a shock I hope you both recover. Mum may need a massage for her shoulder or physio , you too .

My son was driving his car 2 weeks ago and was pushed off the road by a huge lorry , pushed into the pavement and walls , the lorry didn’t see his car . Son stepped out unscrached, more upset his car a write off , not his fault . We had the chat about its just a car , you are healthy and unhurt etc and he realised that but what a shock

Yes life does change in the blink of an eye
:two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you susan_m

I too am sorry to hear about your son’s experience. I’m glad that he was unharmed. It’s dangerous on the roads these days, everyone is in a big hurry.

2 Likes

So glad you are safe.
What a shock to your system that must have been. You must feel so grateful that it wasn’t worse. What a great attitude you have.
Take care of yourselves.

2 Likes

Hi Chelsea62

Yeah, it certainly was a frightening experience. You just never know when things like this are going to happen.

1 Like

@Megalodon Although frightening, you were fortunate by being in a modern vehicle with crumple zones that are designed to absorb as much of the impact as possible, or the outcome might have been worse. My 1st and only ‘accident’ was during 1966 when a stolen car ran a red light causing me to hit it’s near side doors, causing the whole thing to fold. That impact wrote off both cars and left me with several injuries that I would have probably been spared if my car at the time was more modern with crumple zones to help absorb the impact.

1 Like

Glad to hear you and your mum have not been seriously injured Megalodon, just too many people rushing around on the roads these days. I’ve been a ‘White van man’ in the past so I drive pretty quickly even now I’ve retired, but I’m amazed how many people drive up so close behind and try to push me…Perhaps I’m just dawdling and didn’t realise…
:flushed:

1 Like

Corry for your accident, Megatodon. I’m glad it wasn’t too serious.

1 Like

I too am sorry you were in an accident Megatodon,i hope you and your mother heal very quickly.
I will be on your mind for some time.
No-one knows whats around the corner that is for sure.

1 Like