Had my booster jab

And you know this because?

I have my 3rd jab in 2 weeks . I decided not to have both flu and covid vaccine together as I had a nasty dizzy and nauseous reaction with my first covid jab. Had my flu last week sore arm for a couple of days.

We couldn’t have the flu one with the Covid one because we couldn’t get the Covid until last week, it wasn’t available. Hubby had his last week and I’m going to have mine next week on Tuesday. Hubby kept an eye on the NHS website we wasn’t contacted at all it was up to us.
Hope everyone is well now.

m waiting for my third Pfizer/BioNTech shot due in Dec/Jan and so are a lot of other people. The country is in a deplorable state with infection figures soaring and reaching unprecedented levels, ICUs being almost fully occupied predominantly by those not vaxed. 4,000 beds in ICUs cannot be used anymore because thousands of nursing staff have quit their jobs.
There’s talk about regional shutdowns again. The vaccination process has virtually come to a standstill because no one is taking any measures. This country is in a pretty mess.

There’s has been a rise in covid cases since the summer thats undeniable.
However a recent report gives evidence the vaccine is working and working well out of 5000 hospitalised with Covid only five deaths in the vaccinated group , whilst there were 150 deaths in the unvaccinated.
It’s now thought the booster needs to be given sooner 5mths.
You can lead a horse to water blah blah blah … unless it’s made mandatory a draconian act …people can’t be forced to be vaccinated.

I went online to get a date for the booster ,it was an easy process with plenty of dates , I guess it varies from area to area.

Just had a call from my MSP who is SNP about the quite appalling rollout of the original COVID jab and currently the booster and flu jabs where people are being asked to travel long distances to get the vaccines.

What an obnoxious person she was. According to her all my evidence which I submitted in an email was factually wrong even though it was well supported. She kept on trying to spin her way out of answering my points by telling me that Scotland was far more successful than England when it came to roll out which is when I realised that she was following Sturgeons manta which is Scotland great in all things, England bad.

It mattered not that I was talking about NHS Lothian and Edinburgh specifically and not Scotland and as the conversation was going nowhere and I hung up.

3 Likes

Good for you! These people don’t like getting presented with laid out facts, which they can’t argue with. So they fall back on the general mantra of, as you say “Scotland good, England bad”. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

…medical superintendents report this in the media. Besides, my daughter is a doctor herself and works at the university hospital where she gets it straight from the horse’s mouth.

Not the slightest doubt that things would be far worse without the vaccines which are a blessing. Yet there are just 66% fully vaccinated and the number is unlikely to rise significantly.

1 Like

But it’s earlier days the 3 jab has only been on offer for a few weeks…the take up for vaccine is high in my area ,granted I’ve not seen figures for the 3 jab .

You have to remember nothing on this scale has been attempted before.

I believe the NHS is doing an amazing job the Iogistics are eye watering

2 Likes

My son had his Booster jab yesterday and was given the Moderna vaccine.

No bad reactions so far…

My grandchildren have their booster booked for January’22

1 Like

Had my third Pfizer/BioNTech jab on Thursday. Just a little pain in the arm again.

1 Like

We both had our boosters 3 weeks ago, the first 2 hubby had the phizer and I had the Astra zenica but the booster was phizer for both of us, no bad reaction so good.
Our son who is 42 had his booster last Thursday, it’s taken them some time to get the boosters going. We might have to have another one early in the new year.

1 Like

Both my grandchildren, 19 & 21, had their Moderna Booster jabs yesterday.

No problems for either today other than sore arms.

1 Like

That’s good news Mags. I must admit to feeling a sense of relief when my two grandsons had their boosters.

1 Like

Thanks Margaret, that’s exactly how I felt too. :+1:

1 Like

I still have a leaden arm form that darned Moderna vaccine . The needles are thicker and they hurt .

1 Like

Ouch Muddy, that doesn’t sound so good :slightly_frowning_face:

Hope your arm will be back to normal soon.

I have my second booster coming up on the 16th. That makes four in total. No dead arms or after effects at all thank goodness but then they were all pfizer.

1 Like

I get my second booster on the 28th. No problems for me either. 2 Astra Zenica and Pfizer booster.

1 Like

Had my first booster yesterday. Not very clever as I left for the coast on holiday earlier this morning. Feeling fragile but glad to be by the sea for the next 10 days!