Guys, do you know that Women sometimes just want to talk about something

They’re not looking for advice or a solution. So sometimes, just sit back and listen.

6 Likes

That applies to all human relations, friends, family, children, neighbors, even pets… Doesn’t matter the gender of the other person

Communication is a two way street. This shouldn’t be too hard to comprehend.

6 Likes

That’s all I ever do in this house.

3 Likes

You have an important life lesson down pat then. :grinning:

1 Like

Pardon? Being a bit deaf helps.

3 Likes

Don’t you dare turn down your hearing aid

4 Likes

Nonsense! You also feed the dog and birds and listen to Fleetwood Mac!

2 Likes

You may be surrounded by aliens. :icon_wink:

1 Like

Fleetwood Mac ??? I don’t think you’ve been listening to me :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve often thought that.

1 Like

My bad - let me rephrase that.
You’re also subjected to listening to Fleetwood Mac!

1 Like

You must have been thinking of Spitty or Furry,someone with a y anyway.

1 Like

A bloke telling blokes what women want…yeh right! What are you smoking?

1 Like

@Bretrick You obviously have not spoken to and with my wife. She excels with intelligent and interesting conversation, which is just one of her amazing attributes that has kept our marriage alive and thriving for over 56 years :revolving_hearts::+1:

1 Like

I know a few women in my seniors club who you never ask how they are.

If you are silly enough to ask they will tell you in excruciating detail about every one of their many ailments, it takes forever. One of them doesn’t care whether you ask of not because she will weave her ailments into every conversation.

Ironically they seem to be the strongest, fittest and most determined women in the club too

6 Likes

… and sometimes we just want to know the truth!

We feel something is up but as the man, you just clam up and that’s unfair, cause we know that something is wrong but you don’t tell, you keep it secret and now you’ve taken it to the grave… I’m left feeling empty emotionally, physically and spiritually…

Wish you would have opened up and talk before time ran out!

I’m sorry but in the end all I did was love you…

2 Likes

:grinning: Ask women if I am right… :grinning:

Not just sometimes CD, but all of the time on all occasions. Deceit can and will cause a relationship to fail.

It’s a tricky one for you blokes because, to be honest, sometimes I do want my husband to solve my problem :rofl:

Generalisations are BAD, I know but it’s generally thought that men tend to talk about problems in order to find a solution

Whereas women may already have a solution in mind, or know there isn’t a solution and it will have to be lived with and want to explore how they feel or just discuss the problem and how they arrived there with a sympathetic ear

Plus someone to tell them they’ve got their back whatever they decide, right or wrong!

Sometimes unsolicitated advice can come over as patronising or controlling or know it all :scream:

But really, honestly, if your lady tells you she has a problem getting the printer working, don’t just sit and listen in an empathetic way, get your ass upstairs and fix it! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Just as another generalization, staring out into space or grunting every few minutes doesn’t count as listening.

It’s sometimes accepted as better than nothing.

2 Likes