Guys, Do you ever feel you are being scrutinised all the time?

I think that says more about you (The male of the species )…feeling slightly threatened
I’m sure the women was just interested in your filming .

Voyeur would they really be using a tripod and camera … or more likely secretly filming with a phone.

1 Like

I think the way I do because I see how some women are apprehensive when I walk behind them. Many times, to allay their unrest I will stop for a while or cross the road.
I am vigilant, sometimes hypervigilant when out in public because I am a single guy and unfortunately some predatory guys force males to take stock.

[quote=“LivingLarge007, post:17, topic:97455”]
Not to be “that girl” but was it because YOU FELT that way?

Maybe approaching her might have made her more nervous. I took some photos then faced the camera pointing to the ground.
Maybe my thinking is all wrong.

2 Likes

Wasn’t always like this LL, a grandad could have a loving relationship with his grandchild (I don’t mean sexual) and indeed, most young children would look upon the older bloke as a source of protection and help. Too much in the news these days, and although these bad events are few and far between, they have left a stigma and suspicion of any old bloke near the young, or women for that matter.
My friend and neighbour is an artist, I asked him to do a painting representing our neighbourhood. There are many people who walk their dogs past our house and some of these, although we don’t know them very well, are interesting people and walk by on a regular basis. He went to the park to where they all congregate, to take a few pictures covertly so he could catch them in a normal setting (not posed)…And he later explained how embarrassed and guilty he felt. So it’s not just you Bretrick, it’s the way society has been changed by propaganda and fear spawned by the media.

1 Like

Stay the hell away Bretrick, or else someone might have taken a picture of you with your camera and it will be all over the media next week…“Perv In Park Grooming Kids

2 Likes

I agree but I’m not sure how effective cameras are at bringing the perpetrators to justice, hoodies, bandanas, balaclavas etc…they know what they’re doing.

1 Like

Which is the point of my post. Society has changed and I have changed along with it.
Children always looked up to me because I would listen to them and they loved that.
But I had to stop because it was seen as potential grooming.
Such a sad state of affairs now.

1 Like

Just a thought but - maybe the woman who kept glancing at you was wondering if the camera set up on your tripod was filming her or the child - and maybe she was feeling like you felt when you saw the CCTV camera pointing in your direction and did not like that feeling of invasion of privacy.

We are all subject to scrutiny when we are in public places, men, women and children.

On the other hand, maybe she could see the frolicking cockatoos too and realised you were photographing them and was just interested in your camera - maybe she thought you were a famous wildlife photographer - or a media photographer - or maybe she was not thinking about you and was looking at something else. …

1 Like

While things may have changed for men, they haven’t changed all that much for some women. Here’s a list of some things some women think about that many men don’t.

1 Like

Which was my thought at the time. I am sensitive to what is going on around me when there are women and children involved. A reason I pointed the camera to the ground when not shooting.

So sad that this is the reality for women today. In this respect, we men are able to be more relaxed when out and about.

1 Like

Paranoia

1 Like

I think women would protect themselves better if they didn’t walk around ever way gazing into their phone and seemingly oblivious to their surroundings.Recently one walked out of a shop in front of me and walked straight off the curb,she didn’t fall down fortunately but gave herself quite a jolt.

2 Likes

Bret, are you aware of David?

I think most of those would apply to blokes as well Butterscotch…
There are places around Doncaster, Sheffield and Rotherham the police don’t even go.
You wouldn’t walk naked around the Serengeti in Africa would you, or you would be attacked and probably eaten by some wild animal…Because men are by and large stronger than a woman, and some are unpredictable, it seems only right that a woman should take precautions to protect herself. Unless she feels capable of being able to tackle the aggressor. Men feel exactly the same, if they are not confident enough, drunk enough, or strong enough to meet any would be villain that came at them out of the dark. It would be foolhardy to assume that nothing will happen to them in certain circumstances. There will always be people in this world who want what you’ve got, either man or woman.
The world, and the people in it are not always your friend.

3 Likes

No idea what this means

There’s an adventure park not far from me that won’t allow single men in. It’s called Puxton Park and basically it’s a play park with animals, soft play, climbing areas and 20 acres of countryside. They also do events and shows

Anyway, this guy had been in with his grandchildren the week before and enjoyed the bird of prey show so he tried to go back on his own. And he wasn’t allowed, no admission for single people

There’s not really much there that adults would want to see, I suppose, and they can go in the farm shop and restaurant but it doesn’t seem quite right and the poor bloke was humiliated

https://www.puxton.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwj_ajBhCqARIsAA37s0z9mQrGVLe_rtNfQ9k79SkDSA9kM16C68cfo8zrsn8TTVtR4HJIwFIaAoE8EALw_wcB

1 Like

That is rather sad. There was an attraction that drew him back and he was denied admittance.

“Better safe than sorry” is something I would tell my children though they’re boys. If they were girls, I’d tell them a lot more!

The guilt he felt is solely on him by the way. You can’t blame everyone for one’s own feelings.

1 Like

I think you’re thinking all wrong.

With that being said, women are (or should be) vigilant, at all times. More than a normal male would.

Give her a smile and wave her over to show her what you’re up to, if she’d like. Kill with Kindness

1 Like

I keep my kindness for animals,humans can look after themselves :grinning:

1 Like