Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 1)

nice one mart and welcome!

Psst has someone been asking for Isaac Hunt around here cos if they have can you tell them he owes me money!

[CENTER]Kimberley Musings[/CENTER]

As I negotiated the golf links today with not an apparition in sight lo and behold kangaroo poo on the 2nd green. I don’t mind them being members of my club but despoiling the greens is just not cricket or in this case golf - must have a word with the club secretary. I have only caught one sighting of these creatures because at sun up they have moved across the road [before rush hour Derby starts] and settled down for a kip in the opposite shrub.

Yesterday I attended a remembrance gathering in our local cemetery. We gathered at 4.30pm - any earlier would have been too hot. As we sat on our garden seats and deck chairs the sun receded in the West. One lone airliner left white trails through the sky.

the kids ran about laughing and playing and we sat and chatted about things in general and also the dearly departed. finally the matriarch read out a remembrance pray and others were invited to say a few words - one got a bit carried away [should have been really] and delivered a sermon. Then we all drove off into the sunset!

My nurse is REALLY pretty,very attentive and she’s from Ukraine.
Innit amazing-I always wanted to meet a chick in Kiev…
All the times I’ve taken trucks to Belarus/Ukraine/Russia,etc…and I have to meet this GORJUSS lady when I’m struggling to breathe,in pain,unshaved…and in England…

I have NO idea wtf is happening,but apparently last night I had three nurses attending me as I thrashed around on the bed in pain.
These new ceramic joints totally suck-as does the MIGHTY cold I’ve picked up since being here. Fed up…I want my mum…

There’s a man in the next flat
Who’s never without a hat
I suppose he must be bald
For he invariably gets called
Baldy, but at least he’s not fat

He likes to drink gin
Tesco sends it to him
He sups it with pleasure
For he’s a man of leisure
And drinking’s no longer a sin

Lovely one Mart. Great to see the rest of yez in good form too. Nice little one about the new neighbour RJ, we have four gay ladies moved in next door all attending the new college nearby, they had a huge party when the ‘Yes’ vote was passed, rainbow flags all over the place, nice girls lousy singers though.:slight_smile:
Pug you keep your hands to yourself, I’m sure you have the nurses in stitches, and no chicken kiev for you while the chips are down, maybe later.;-):smiley:

I’ve decided to grow a beard to mark my 70th birthday in November, I think 70 is a milestone in anyone’s life, indeed one is very lucky to reach it when you think of all that can go wrong in 70 years. I had often thought about growing one in my younger days and the one time I went ahead with it I was shocked to see it turn out a reddish brown colour, so it was off with that like a light, couldn’t take the slagging of being called ‘Shit Face’ every day at work. Now that I’m grey at least it’ll be all the one colour, vive la hairy infidels! :wink:

You’re never too old to grow a beard
So they say that’s what I’ve heard
Be it long or be it short
Out at sea or back in port
Not much choice when it comes to colour
And it does make one’s face look fuller
Mine is grey for what it’s worth
Spotlessly clean not a speck of dirt
The wife says I look a right howdoyoudo
When I wash it with Lemon shampoo
But on my face it’s there to stay
Even when they take me away. :slight_smile:

I had no idea you were that old Jem, nevertheless come November you’ll be my favourite Septugeranium…

I hope we’re going to get a picture of this beard when its at its finest, Jem? :wink:

keep ya fingers crossed and ya ceramics Pug- when I knocked around the hospitals years ago in Uk it was not uncommon for patient/nurse romances to happen - always male to female in those days.

are they serving chicken kiev on the menu - imagine served chicken kiev by the chick from kiev - magical. you could also ask for a russian balalaika with chips perhaps?

There was a young thing from Kiev
Who visited me daily in bed
She would wash me all over
Made me blush, scream by gova
and did amazing things with me leg!!

nite chums

Goodnight RJ.

I’m off to bed soon, think I’ve got Influenca.

This ‘English Comp’ is a strange language,bro;
I’m doing my best to master it though.
I’ll keep chopping back weeds with my literary hoe,
until I earn my degree from the stuff what I know.

I’ve nearly achieved it-soon I’ll break through.
It’s an interest that hopefully will gain me a ‘blue’.
I’m surprised other people aren’t fascinated too,
when they look at the things we make English words do.

Take ‘doe’,dough’ and doh!’ -and they’re just for example
One sound but three spellings-and that’s just a sample.
Or perhaps you prefer the words ‘through’ ‘grew’ and ‘blue’?
Once more three spellings-but they’re just one sound,too.

Then,of course,we have the ‘same spelling,different sound’.
I’m pretty sure you know some,coz they’re all around.
The old standard favourites are ‘dough’ ‘though’ and ‘bough’,
…but I’m boring you…so we won’t go into that now[!]

well had that once too but that’s the Spanish version Influenca! - and you can only get it in Barthelona

I prefer the germanic Influenza!

you are doing remarkable well under the tutelage of an U Crane knee an nurse! - is she teaching you the proper Queens English [no not that sort of Queen you silly fellow!]

keep asking for the full bed bathes - can’t beat a good scrub of the balls as my golf chum keeps telling me!

Why do they all think I’m scary
Because my legs are too long?
Or is it because I’m quite hairy
Now how can that be so wrong!?

I’d love to run round and play
Yet I’m forced to be a good hider
So I live in the cupboard all day
Well, such is the life of a spider.

Very creative poems Pug and Mart, I enjoyed them, fair play to you.

Tough learning the English language ain’t it, we used to have our own uncomplicated language until you lot put a stop to that.:smiley:

I’m always surprised when people shorten words and sentences in an effort to save time, or is it really to sound trendy? Looking at another US detective series last night the police captain says to a detective “Tell ‘em down at the Lab we want the report on the murder weapon A.S.A.P.” I repeated it in my head ‘As soon as possible’ then said Ay Ess Ay Pee, only one syllable in the difference! Now if the detective didn’t know what A.S.A.P meant the captain would have to explain it to him taking up more time, and all because he couldn’t say a few simple words in the first place. My friend in Kerry would not tolerate that, he would let out at the captain “Are you calling me A SAP?”
If I can think of anything else that irks me I’ll be sure to let you all know.;-):smiley:

Of course you will Mups.
Actually it’s all part of a secret plan to try to lure Twizard out, I intend to wait until all the patchy bits join up to form one splendid display of silvery finesse that would put her beloved Brian Blessed to shame.:lol:

This thread has been split part 2 here…

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=32368