Guess the message

Anybody guess the message here from a composer, a pianist, an underwater photographer and an African country?

1 Like

Can’t work out top right fella?

Russ Conway , English pianist and composer is who top right is

1 Like

Lisz tRuss Hass To go

Assuming that’s correct, and I’ve no reason to doubt you, who the heck is Hass? Google’s drawing a blank for me.

Lotte Hass (born Charlotte Hildegard Baierl; 6 November 1928 – 14 January 2015 (age 86)) was an Austrian underwater diver, model and actress. She was the second wife of the Austrian naturalist and diving pioneer Hans Hass (1919–2013), and worked as a model and actress in several of his underwater natural history films. She was inducted into the Women Divers Hall of Fame and the International Scuba Diving Hall of Fame in 2000.

The couple not only opened a window on the undersea world, but also demonstrated the new lightweight diving equipment and photographic technology that allowed them to do so. Hans made television programmes of his expeditions – forerunners to Jacques Cousteau’s many series – to finance his pioneering scientific research, and recorded both English and German commentaries, but the documentaries were most popular in Britain.

The Hasses returned in The Undersea World of Adventure (1958), filmed in the Indian Ocean and screened in the BBC’s Travellers’ Tales strand. They were also in the Indian Ocean for two series of Adventure (1959-60). The first episode, with hundreds of fish meeting, mating, laying their eggs and protecting themselves against their enemies in a coral forest below a rock, contained all the elements that kept viewers glued to their screens.

Men of a certain age will almost certainly remember the lovely Lotte … :wink:

2 Likes

Many thanks @Omah

Well done Omah. I’m not sure I would have got the Liszt, Hass or Togo images without looking them up first. Amac.

Good to see Dextrous is still quizzing…

And Feey of course. Yes basically says Liz Truss has to go…