Growing very old waiting for a Toyota

I have a lovely little Aygo, very reliable…anyone who pays over £40,000 for a car, needs their head tested.imo…I could never justify paying that amount.

Each to their own though.:smiley:

2 Likes

Well Pauline, my wife’s uncle has just paid 40k for a thirteen year old car…mind you, it is an Aston Martin

1 Like

He fancies himself as 007 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Just a pity that the UK doesn’t manufacture its own cars much any more.

1 Like

What would be different?

2 Likes

Would just be nice to recycle money and provide jobs within the country, rather than outsource quite so much.

2 Likes

Sure. I thought you were thinking of the benefits for the buyer/consumer.

2 Likes

Nope. Stock shortages would no doubt remain problematic.

2 Likes

Hi

Price running costs and reliability are what. I consider important

The car may have have an English name but it may be fully or partially built abroad.

There are a number of second hand low mileage diesel automatics around which fit the bill.

1 Like

You dont get to see many Ka’s on the road nowadays. Although we did pass a broken down one a coiple of months ago.

2 Likes

My Isuzu Dmax with a 3 litre turbo diesel does 34mpg, It is a fallacy that small engines are more economical. To move 1 tonne uses the same energy whether it is with a 1 litre or a 3 litre engine. These dual cab utes have become the defacto family car (including for visits to the hairdressers) with the demise of the Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon

My 2015 Dmax cost $50000 brand new (25000pounds) and can tow 3.5 tonnes, it doesn’t even notice my camper.

I’m sure It suits your needs .
However what you are trying to do is akin to persuading someone who wants a Bentley to buy a Toyota ….it wouldn’t work out!
I’ve got my heart set on a RAV4

1 Like

Rips i was in the same position last January, couldn’t get a new Rav 4 was told end of the year, salesman suggested trying on line, he also mentioned low milage used cars were getting £2500 more than book price, so, i advertised my Toyota Verso (4 years old with 32000 miles) on Car Wow

i couldn’t believe the response, including one Toyota manager (of a large group of dealerships in Manchester) offering me £400 more than the best offer (which was £2500 above book price), I told him he had a deal if he could find me a Rav 4. He rang me back an hour later asked if i could get over to Bury (Manchester) they had one with 4000 miles on the clock, self charging hybrid electric Excel, in pearlescence red. I still paid new car price, but i have been over the moon with it

1 Like

Should have bought a Volvo lol

1 Like

You lucky lucky man . I’m pleased to hear you are happy your RAV4
They are gorgeous :heart:

i did get a surprise when i collected it, providing you get it serviced by Toyota it has a 10 year warranty

1 Like

When all you want is a good reliable motor with a bit of grunt, to keep the rain off your head, and bring the shopping home from Tesco’s and the odd day out at the seaside. I don’t want enough technology to get me to the moon, or forecast the weather in 2055…
So why do we need all this electronics? Give me A good old fashioned diesel without engine management and all the trimmings that seem to be unavoidable these days.
It might chuck out a bit of muck, but until they take all the lorries (mostly foreign) off the roads, and get rid of the endless traffic in the sky, I’ll stop driving my diesel.

2 Likes

That diesel engine management means your engine starts first time every time because you can’t flood it with fuel, means you get the most energy out of every ml of fuel. My 3 litre turbo charged diesel gets the equivalent of 34 mpg.

My Morris Minor was lucky to get 25mpg which was only marginally better than my 3.3 litre straight six Holden whereas my 1.5 litre Mitsubishi Colt with its engine management system got 45mpg.

1 Like

We have a Honda CRV diesel .
It’s been a brilliant car quiet roomy powerful and economic it usually does 41 mpg .