Grey is the UK's favourite car colour for the first time

My daughter has a few motorbikes, most are road registered except a couple which are used purely for racing. None of them are grey, the one at the front is her commute to work bike.

I’ve always wanted a pink car but I get overruled each time I find one. But we’ve had every colour but grey I think. My favourites have been bright yellow and bright red, you can’t lose them in a car park !

Bright yellow is more visible in fog than white in my experience.

But pink I’d really love a pink one.

I make do by putting floral vinyls on whatever colour I get and I have a bee on my bonnet usually too. Just seems apt.

I must admit it reminded me of this Youth Speeding campaign of a few years ago

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I wish I could play that in my road on a huge screen.

My first love is bikes ( I used to race and still have two bikes today ) and was once on track with Trevor nation riding this thing and he came past me making me realise how little talent I had lol but what a sound … turn your speakers up and enjoy !!!

Grey appears to be a popular colour for everything now. Bathrooms, carpets, shop fronts and furniture. Personally I am not a lover of it and hate being dictated to as to what colour I have to buy because someone decided.

A few grey shop fronts in my town. They look awful and should be on the Schitt thread. :-p

Just give it too me straight … my grey hair !!!

Lol. Corgi or Matchbox? :lol:

I painted mine blue …

Don’t like the colour grey much, can’t wear it.

But a pale grey does look smart on walls… I’m assured grey is the new magnolia doncha know :cool:

mine is upmarket Silver somewhat like grey :slight_smile:

When we were choosing our car I sat in the demonstrator in the showroom, it was grey, mrs p said I looked washed out in it ( must be my grey hair, ) so we bought white instead…although I did like the grey…

A mixture. :slight_smile:

Dunno what colour my car is.
Must wash It one day

Car makers are charging over £500 extra for grey paint on new models
Car makers are charging over £500 extra for grey paint on new models | Daily Mail Online

Grey was the most popular new car colour last year for the first time on record
Was marginally more popular than black and white, which have dominated for last 9 years
Grey was most popular, it’s also an expensive paint option, our research shows
Most manufacturers demand at least £500 for the cheapest grey paint option
Grey is the new favourite colour for car buying Britons.

According to the latest official stats, more than a fifth of all models registered in 2018 were grey.
But exclusive research by This is Money shows there’s a high cost to pay if you want to be on trend. Britons have to fork out over £500 in most cases for grey paint on the most popular models.

It’s a passing fad. I am just waiting for all these creepy grey houses to become really dated. Grey is never anything other than dull and gloomy.

Bloody hell! I thought our dealers were thieves asking $500 for a non white paint job on a new car but yours are twice as dear. That is daylight robbery.

I think my ‘tangerine scream’ colour was a £800 option , the upgrades to 19’’ alloys in black were another £600 or something like that … that’s how they make cash ‘with the extras list’ , bmw /Mercedes are famous for it especially years ago just about everything was an extra

Remember any modifications from factory spec, the insurance has to be informed,even exhausts, or they are not legally allowed on the road.
That is not forgetting they will have to go through a DVLA vehicle approval type check